Log Book Missing

allan01273

At the bottom of the cache page, where all the logs used to be all I get is a link to "View Logbook | View the Image Gallery of 8 images" This link just goes to a page saying

Warning! Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

• All Logs (*)

• Your Logs (*)

• Your Friends' Logs (*)

No Logs Found

There are logs, But where are they??

It was much better when all the logs and photos were on the same cache page. Why have you done this? Why have you lost all of the logs?

I have discovered what the problem is.

In my address bar there are a few symbols

Looking Glass = Search

Down triangle = Show address bar Autocomplete

Circle diagonal line = No content is filtered on this site

Split page = Compatibility View

Spinning Circle = Refresh

X = stop

The problem is with the "No content is filtered on this site". When content is being filtered the logs and map don't work. As yet I have not found out why some websitse are filtered and some are not. Or if I need this thing at all. and I suppose the important thing, how to get rid of it if I don't need it.

Allan

I have discovered what the problem is.

In my address bar there are a few symbols

Looking Glass = Search

Down triangle = Show address bar Autocomplete

Circle diagonal line = No content is filtered on this site

Split page = Compatibility View

Spinning Circle = Refresh

X = stop

The problem is with the "No content is filtered on this site". When content is being filtered the logs and map don't work. As yet I have not found out why some websitse are filtered and some are not. Or if I need this thing at all. and I suppose the important thing, how to get rid of it if I don't need it.

Allan

I would take a close look at your security software. It is possible that it has added a plugin or ad-on program to your browser that is filtering content that it thinks is suspicious. See if there is a way to disable it from the browser menus. If that fixes the problem, then go to the security software itself and see if it allows you to exclude geocaching.com from it's filtering.

Edit to add:

Stuff like this will suddenly happen when your security software does an auto update. It is now working with a new set of rules, but from your point of view, nothing has changed on your computer, so your first inclination is that the website has changed.

Edited by Don_J

@allan

I have the exact same 'surprise' issue. One day it was fine, a week later (approx), no Logs.

(Problem only IF I use internet explorer, in Mozilla Firefox, everything works normally.) (Vista 32/IE9)

@Don J

You might be right, I only have basic AVG free, but I will see what I can learn.

@Delta68

I looked at that thread too, thanks. will see what i can figure out.

Also, forgot to mention one other symptom:

I notice on the main geocaching screen, when I click the magnifying glass beside my home co-ords, nothing happens. The page just kinda' blinks once. that's it.

Edited by Wallacethecat

geocachingsiteproblem.jpg

Here I am replying to my own posts already!

OK, Allan, I saw that same blue button (circle with slash through it) I clicked it and it said "Some content is filtered on this site"

Then the button below it said "Click to turn off tracking protection".

Hmmm....

So if I want to see the website content, I have to agree to be 'tracked'... YUCK.

Anyone else see this button? have it turned off? I shall try to attach a screen shot to this message.

Note the blue circle/slash button, the textbox, the "38 Logged Visits" but no logs visible, and no map visible.

Any thoughts?

@Delta68

I looked at that thread too, thanks. will see what i can figure out.

Also, forgot to mention one other symptom:

I notice on the main geocaching screen, when I click the magnifying glass beside my home co-ords, nothing happens. The page just kinda' blinks once. that's it.

Same thing now happening to me but only when I access the website on my iPhone 3GS . Seems to be coincident with me updating the software on it to iOS 5.1.1 last weekend.

Any suggestions on how I get out of this fix as most of my access to g .com is via my phone ?

Thank you

Sorry I have nothing to add concerning iPhone, just win7 and IE9 and that we now need to turn off the "Content Filter" to make it work. For moblle caching we use Android phone and a mobile wifi "dongle" from "3", for programmes we use the goecaching one and c:geo, dedpending how we feel at the time.

Perhaps someone else has an answer for you

Allan