Owner Only Log Section

I think I have a normal trait in that when I find a cache, particularly a well concealed one, I want to share. But, at that moment I'm in the woods alone and my next action is to log the find before heading out to the next. I find myself wanting to type in the "found it" message things like, "man, I never would have looked in that piece of fence, it blended right in! I could have sworn it was in the tree! Awesome camo". But of course you can't put that stuff as it spoils it for the next cachers.

Has anyone thought to have a separate owner only section where you can write just to the CO? That would help satisfy a primal human need to share. What do y'all think?

If you want to contact the CO, just email him from his profile page.

Another trick is to write a Note on the cache and then immediately delete it from the cache page. The CO will get the email with your message, but it won't be there for everyone else to see. However, if anyone is watching that cache, they will get the message, too.

If you want to contact the CO, just email him from his profile page.

Another trick is to write a Note on the cache and then immediately delete it from the cache page. The CO will get the email with your message, but it won't be there for everyone else to see. However, if anyone is watching that cache, they will get the message, too.

Good idea. I do that sometimes when I visit arriving TBs in my Stargate. No need to keep the note that says bug visit on the page.