Count is off.

You've found 1982 caches (1982 distinct) since your first cache find on 05/07/2011.

You have cached in 2 countries:

Canada 1940

United States 41

Something doesn't add up.

Any ideas what it could be?

The 1982 caches is the right count, my US count is right too.

Edited by Roman!

You've found 1982 caches (1982 distinct) since your first cache find on 05/07/2011.

Canada 1940

United States 41

If I added your Canada count, it's correct too. Very interesting!

Canada 1940

United States 41

If I added your Canada count, it's correct too. Very interesting!

My finds pocket query shows the correct count. Mygeocachingprofile has the same errors showing but total count is correct.

I also checked some other local cacher's stats and some have the same 1 cache discrepancy. I wonder if there is a cache that has no country due to a glitch or something.

Our Groundspeakstatistic is missing three founds when you add the country counts.

I assume that there are some old caches that do not have proper country information or that the statistics looks at the actual coordinates of the cache to determine to which country it belongs.

Four Windowsis a Cache in Germany according to the listing but the coordinates are in an international territory (no state at all).

Our Groundspeakstatistic is missing three founds when you add the country counts.

I assume that there are some old caches that do not have proper country information or that the statistics looks at the actual coordinates of the cache to determine to which country it belongs.

Four Windowsis a Cache in Germany according to the listing but the coordinates are in an international territory (no state at all).

maybe it got messed up when they briefly changed it to a locationless cache and then switched it back.

Edited by lamoracke

Canada 1940

United States 41

I would bet you found some relatively new caches recently...their location (for stats calculations) are not always known right away...

Moving cache?

Yes, that is correct.

When Groundspeak bought mygeocachingprofile and integrated their stats into the site, they located all the moving caches they could find and excluded those from some of the statistics, since the country (or state) in which the cache was listed was likely not where you found it. They got most of them (although not all; I still have one cache find listed as in New York, even though I have never found a cache there).

So that is the effect that Roman! sees.

They got most of them (although not all; I still have one cache find listed as in New York, even though I have never found a cache there).

Concur with fizzy that the "stateless" moving caches cause the count discrepancy.

Fizzy, if you email Moun10Bike the cache info, he will add it to the list and remove it from the state stats. User reporting is how they tracked down most of them.

Edited by hydnsek

While your count is off question is interesting, I confess to being far more intrigued by your Geobeer! title.

Please explain, sharing is good too, tnx.

Personally, except on some rare days which involve interesting hikes, 8 hours is enough geocaching and is mostly done during the day. As I needed another hobby mainly for evenings that I could enjoy with my with beer is a good choice but there is nothing better than combining my hobbies and geocaching while having(geo)beer.

Just make sure you have a designated driver and if need be, designated cacher too and leave the wife at home.

there is nothing better than combining my hobbies and geocaching while having(geo)beer.

Just make sure you have a designated driver and if need be, designated cacher too and leave the wife at home.

:lol: ah geo-hashing... this can be fun. "leave the wife at home" would be tough, as I am "the wife". I'm also the principle beer drinker (okay, all manner of drinker)(whiskey is good stuff, too) in my household.