Oh Help! Website problems.

5beasts

OK, fairly new to this, so I seem to have made a mess. Picked up two travel bugs in Pamber Forest on Saturday. Went to log them, and they had only just been dropped off, so did not appear in the caches where we had found them. However, somehow managed to mark one (let's call it tb1) as "discovered". Thought that this meant I had picked it up, but appearently no. Logged second one a day later (we'll call that one tb2), after the person had logged it as dropped (I wasn't sure that it was what it said it was, as it was completely different to the one in the picture, otherwise I would have marked it as "discovered" too!). Anyhow, dropped them both off today. Went to log tb1 in the cache where I had placed it, selected what i thought was it, and added it to the log, but turned out it was tb2, as tb1 had not been added to my posession. So, wrong tb in wrong cache. Clicked remove, and it has removed the cache location from tb2's log, but it still appears in the wrong cache. I no longer have the number, as it is in the cache, attached to tb2! How do I move the log tot he correct cache? TB1 is still showing as in teh cache where I picked it up from, rather than the cache where I dropped it off - i don't know how to move it either. Feeling a bit bad, as I don't want the tbs lost for their owners, especially as one was in a race. i have written notes on both tb's logs and in all the caches concerned, but not sure how to sort out the website mess. What can I do?

The only way to fix this is if you still have the tracking numbers.

If you do, then you can 'pick up' the TBs from the caches you incorrectly dropped them in, and then post a note on the caches (or edit you existing logs) where you DID drop them (respectively).

If you do not have the tracking numbers, then there is nothing to do but let nature take it's course. Most likely the next person to grab the trackables will be able to help fix things.

Thanks! I think that I will keep a paper record of al TB numbers in future. I would have thought that once a TB had been in your posession, it would be OK to amend any logs. I've posted notes on the logs of the TBs and on the logs of the caches concerned asking the next finder to help.