One hour behind on field notes

gman66

Afternoon first ever question so forgive my ignorance i have Garmin Oregon 450 i upload my field notes but the website always records the finds as one hour behind, the GPS has the right time for the UK, i have set the time as Automatic although it doesn't have a U.K. setting just Western Europe. Can some explain why this is and what i can do to change it?

Thanks Gman66

Afternoon first ever question so forgive my ignorance i have Garmin Oregon 450 i upload my field notes but the website always records the finds as one hour behind, the GPS has the right time for the UK, i have set the time as Automatic although it doesn't have a U.K. setting just Western Europe. Can some explain why this is and what i can do to change it?

Thanks Gman66

You can change the time zone on the site through your profile.

http://www.geocaching.com/account/default.aspx Down at the bottom is "Preferences". Click on "change" in the upper right corner.

B.

You can change the time zone on the site through your profile.

http://www.geocaching.com/account/default.aspx Down at the bottom is "Preferences". Click on "change" in the upper right corner.

B.

You can change time zone settings until you wear off your fingerprints...it won't help.

The 'Field Notes time issue' has been around for quite a while, and there really doesn't seem to be a 'fix' as of yet.

Since I ALWAYS log the time of my find, the local time is always the first part of my Field Note.

In most cases the local time is all I include in my Field Note.

My FN are usually a few hours behind. I just logged a note and it says its 2a, but its 10a here. And I live a few miles away from GS!

So, I don't know how to change it, or even if we can change it...

That happens to me when I log field notes from my Android phone app. Always eight hours behind though the phone shows the correct date and time.

Used to have the one hour difference on my Colorado a few years ago. Seemed to only happen on caches found after 7 PM. Can't remember what changed it to being correct. May have been an update from Garmin.