getting caches from the website to anywhere!

Cacheret

Earlier, I posted a query because I can't send caches to my GPS (Garmin 60CSx). This is especially frustrating because, after a hiatus, I'm back to caching, and features that worked intuitively and easily in my previous caching days now seem impossible. Anyway, I then read more posts on sending caches that weren't just for my Garmin, and it seemed that everyone could solve any problem like this by doing a pocket query. So I did one. But there wasn't an option to send the PQ to my GPS, so I downloaded it. The problem is that there's no indication of where the download went! I have a Mac, so I tried searching in Spotlight, on the assumption that it would have downloaded somewhere to my computer (of course, I have no idea of how to move it from there to the GPS).

I'm about ready to quit--or just cry. Please help!

When downloading ANYTHING from the internet, it's usually a good idea to look carefully at the dialog box which is where/how you tell your computer WHERE you want the file to go.

I find it helpful to create a folder specifically to use when downloading Pocket Query files and individual .gpx files to my computer...then I always know where they went. :)

In this case there is almost no way for anyone to know where you lost your file, but you might do a search for (*.zip) or (*.gpx) that could reveal their whereabouts. Otherwise, download it/them again and PAY ATTENTION to the dialog box!

Thanks, AZ. Sadly, I don't get a dialogue box of the type you describe. I just get a "save file" choice. What I am trying to do is to send to my GPS, not download to my computer, which is probably why I don't get the download dialogue box.

I did the .gpx search and did not find the PQ but did find that, in an earlier try to send an individual cache to my gps, I downloaded it to BaseCamp. This did not come about because of a dialogue box.

It would appear that I can download my PQ to my desktop (or wherever) and then find a way to transfer it to RoadMap (which is what I use instead of Base Camp) and then transfer from there to my gps.

Thanks, AZ. Sadly, I don't get a dialogue box of the type you describe. I just get a "save file" choice. What I am trying to do is to send to my GPS, not download to my computer, which is probably why I don't get the download dialogue box.

I did the .gpx search and did not find the PQ but did find that, in an earlier try to send an individual cache to my gps, I downloaded it to BaseCamp. This did not come about because of a dialogue box.

It would appear that I can download my PQ to my desktop (or wherever) and then find a way to transfer it to RoadMap (which is what I use instead of Base Camp) and then transfer from there to my gps.

A PQ will download as a zip file.

I guess 'dialog box' was a poor choice of terms on my part, sorry. :(

The 'Save As' box was what I was referring to.

If your GPSr was connected to your comp at the time you were downloading there might be the possibility to save the file directly to it's (the GPSr) memory, but I doubt your unit knows how to deal with a .zip file (most folks have their PQ delivered as a .zip file, you might not).

Perhaps the confusion lies in the fact that 'Send to my GPS' only works for individual cache .gpx files, and not PQ .gpx files...I'm sure a lot of users would certainly like that functionality if it were available.

Generally speaking, a PQ download will need some sort of treatment before sending it to your GPSr.