How do I find a member?

StashRaptors

I want to find a member and it won't let me click on the members link above, next to the Forums link.

An error message comes up and says "[#10230] You are not permitted to view our online list."

I paid for membership, so shouldn't I be able to see it? Why can't I?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I want to find a member and it won't let me click on the members link above, next to the Forums link.

An error message comes up and says "[#10230] You are not permitted to view our online list."

I paid for membership, so shouldn't I be able to see it? Why can't I?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I do believe that "Members" tab has been "broken" for quite some time now.

You can scroll down to the bottom of the forum index page, and click on the username, if they are logged in at the time.

You could send a private message to the member. Click on the envelope icon under their username/avatar.

You can also use the "find another player" search function in your profile, if you know the username.

http://www.geocaching.com/find/default.aspx

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

With 783473 members registered, the members list can get a little... long. To keep members from getting overwhelmed, the members list is not available.

I became a premium member yesterday to have access to the members page. And right now, i have to read such nonsense excuses. If Groundspeak.com really had had their reasons to skip the function, they would have removed the tab as well. Well, it worked with some less members under a much older technology a few years ago. And Facebook or other databases show, that the amount of members is no reason to skip the members functionalities. The members page was quite usefull, when looking for some potential geocaching partners. So, I am urgently requesting Groundspeak.com to remove the buggy link to the members page.

Edited by bjoernthebear

I became a premium member yesterday to have access to the members page.

Really? Why? The Find a User tool is freely available to all.

Groundspeak uses off-the-shelf forum software, and the "Members" tab is just a piece of that software they choose not to use. With the above "Find a User" tool, there isn't any need for it. I agree with you that it would be nice to have it removed entirely, but they've said before it's off-the-shelf software that they can't/won't modify.