It's BAAAAACCCCKKKKK......

Nat Sherman

Recently, I logged a cache as "Found" only to discover a few days later that I had logged the wrong one. I went to the log and deleted the entry. However, whenever I run the GSAK stats micro, it still includes that cache as being found. I've manually marked the cache as "DNF" on GSAK but it still shows back up the next time I upload a "My Finds" pocket query from geocaching.com.

How can I delete this cache until I actually find it so that my stats are not inflated by one or am I just going to have to go find it and then just change the "Found" date?

Thanks for any help on this!

Mike

(Nat Sherman)

Yes, I've both right clicked on the cache code in GSAK and changed it to DNF and edited the current waypoint to read DNF and that took it away as a find but then the next time I loaded the PQ into GSAK it would be back again. I'm hoping this time it stays gone but I guess I have to wait 3 days before I can run another "My Finds" PQ. Fingers crossed! Thanks for your help!

GSAK.

Right click on the cache and select Delete Logs select the logs and click delete.

A PQ (Any PQ) will always return any of your logs for a cache.

Sometimes the Groundspeak servers need time to 'sort things out' between themselves, after you make changes eg deleting logs from caches, for the changes to take effect.

GSAK, even if you mark as DNF, will still have the found log for the cache, so make sure the cache has been deleted from GSAK.

Hope you manage to sort it out, it's hard work trying to keep the stats 'correct'! :laughing:

:)

Edited by Bear and Ragged

You haven't explicitly said you did, so I'm going to ask the question: Have you actually deleted your log on the website? If you go to the cache page online, does it say you've logged it as found? You've said you marked it as DNF in GSAK, but GSAK and the website are two totally separate databases. Marking it as a DNF in GSAK won't change your log on the website.

Okay, just made an interesting discovery. When I ran the new PQ and statgen on GSAK, everything was fine. BUT when I then ran the macro BadgeGen, the cache that I wanted to stay deleted reappeared. Help!!!

It showed back up in the database after you ran BadgeGen? That's just plain weird. What's the GC code of the cache in question?

It sure did. I first downloaded the new PQ using the FindStatGen macro in GSAK. The cache in question was not listed and it showed my updated finds at 484 which was correct. I then ran the BedgeGen macro and when it finished my finds were at 485 and the cache in question was listed as "Found."

The GC code for it is GC19CZ0 - I Want a New Drug

Sorry, I'm stumped. If the cache is deleted from GSAK, and you don't have a find log on the website (which I've confirmed), there shouldn't be any reason why it should show back up. It isn't coming in through the MyFinds PQ, but some other way. You might want to ask over in the GSAK forums (specifically the BadgeGen thread) to see if anyone there can think of why it's happening. If you do figure it out, please come back here and post the resolution in case others have the same problem in the future.

If there aren't any other changes you've made to your finds that you want to keep, you may just want to delete all the waypoints in your My Finds database and then reload your new pocket query. That should take care of your reappearing data problem. Back up the database before you do it if you're concerned, you can always restore it.

Uh-oh, I think your post was in Greek to me, hzoi :) Is what you suggest an easy process?

Also, the unwanted cache is showing up when I run BadgeGen but not FindStatGen. Would deleting everything still apply?

Wait a minute. Do you see the cache in the list of caches in the database, or just when you run BadgeGen? Where do you see it in BadgeGen? I don't know of anywhere within the BadgeGen results that shows specific caches.

OK, lemme translate. You may want to try deleting the old (bad) data and starting from scratch.

Open up GSAK.

Back up your database.

Highlight one of the caches.

Right click and select "Delete waypoint."

When the dialogue box comes up, select "Delete all in database" and hit OK.

You now have an empty database.

Now load your new my finds pocket query.

If you don't like what you got, restore the old database.

If you need help on how to back up or restore the database, I can't remember them off the top of my head, but GSAK has a built in help function that should walk you through it.

OK, lemme translate. You may want to try deleting the old (bad) data and starting from scratch.

Open up GSAK.

Back up your database.

Highlight one of the caches.

Right click and select "Delete waypoint."

When the dialogue box comes up, select "Delete all in database" and hit OK.

You now have an empty database.

Now load your new my finds pocket query.

If you don't like what you got, restore the old database.

If you need help on how to back up or restore the database, I can't remember them off the top of my head, but GSAK has a built in help function that should walk you through it.

Thank you very much! That's exactly what I needed. My friend helped me set up GSAK so I'm leary of doing anything to change it but sounds fairly straight forward. Will give it a try!

When you run the BadgeGen macro,and the FindStats macro, they save a file to your computer for when the macros are run again. (To help speed things up for GSAK)

GSAK may be picking up the deleted cache from there.

If the files are deleted, GSAK and the macros will rewrite them next time the macros are run.

Really is best to ask on the GSAK forums.

(They really are friendly and helpful!)