Garmin etrex 10

Hi can anyone help.

I own one or two gps devices but i am completely stuck with this problem!!

I have recently perchased an etrex 10 for the wife (she is really pleased with it) but on plugging into basecamp i am informed it can be upraded to latest firmware 2.70 (yes i know 2.73 is out but anyway) on agreeing to upgrade i am then informed 'not enough memory please free up memory on your device' - this was straight out the box!!

Am i doing somwthing wrong?

I have though maybe you have to plug it into the pc and wipe all the garmin operating system files, but i really did not want to until i had been on the forum...

Any help greatly appriciated.

P.s to be honest the device works great but it is bugging me that it will not go from stock 2.50 to 2.70 ....

Cheers,

Chris.

I have though maybe you have to plug it into the pc and wipe all the garmin operating system files, but i really did not want to until i had been on the forum...

no, don't do that! You risk bricking it! (totally dumb design but this is the way it apparently is.)

Hi, I think if it were mine and I had this 'issue' (was going to say problem, but at the mo we don't know if it is a problem!) I would send a quick email to Garmin uk. In my opinion they are pretty good as regards actioning queries... and in any case as you say "the device works great". So 'if it ain't broke don't try and fix it!!', at least until Garmin have given an opinion.

Update.... just sent an email to garmin and thought i will give it anaother go - baring in mind it has 500 chache's on it now plus some tracks etc...(about 2.5 megs) and bugger me it updated without any problems!! weird.... oh well you just never can tell lol! :laughing:

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited by goose157