E trex 10 and MacBook

Hello:

I can download caches from our MacBook to our E trex 10, but for some reason I can't download caches from our MacBook Pro. Can anyone help?

You are in group: Premium members

Therefore just run a pocket query, and save the resulting .GPX file on the device in \Garmin\GPX (or something like that, can't remember exactly in what folder) on the device.

That should work no matter what OS you are using.

Which version of Mac OS is each MacBook running?

How are you transferring caches from the computers to the eTrex? Drag-and-drop, or through a software program?

When you say you "can't download" the caches, what exactly happens?

Thanks for your help. We don't use a software program. When we're on geocaching.com, we simply click download. This works with the MacBook, but when we do this on the MacBook Pro they don't seem to get to the etrex 10.

The MacBook is running on 10.5.8 and the MacBook Pro is newer so it must have a later operating system.

Thanks for your help.

It sounds like you're talking about the "Send to GPS" button or one of the other buttons on the actual cache page, rather than downloading pocket queries. Using those buttons requires the Garmin Communicator browser plug-in, and folks have been reporting problems with the latest version of that for Macs. (I'm not sure whether the problem occurs with all versions of Mac OS X or just Lion.) Check your MacBook Pro, and if it's got the 4.x plug-in, install the 3.x version instead.

Check your MacBook Pro, and if it's got the 4.x plug-in, install the 3.x version instead.

I just found a posting from Garmin in their own forums that indicates they have a version 4.0.1.1 beta available that's supposed to fix this connectivity problem, so you might try that instead of rolling back to v3:

https://forums.garmin.com/showpost.php?p=122541&postcount=4

Thanks. We'll look into it.

Check your MacBook Pro, and if it's got the 4.x plug-in, install the 3.x version instead.

I just found a posting from Garmin in their own forums that indicates they have a version 4.0.1.1 beta available that's supposed to fix this connectivity problem, so you might try that instead of rolling back to v3:

https://forums.garmin.com/showpost.php?p=122541&postcount=4

Yes, I downloaded the 4.0.1.1 beta and it seems to be helping. I seem to be able to download the caches to my GPS. Once it didn't work, but usually it does. Thanks for your help.