Flash Mob C.I.T.O.

Hi Everyone

Have a question concerning C.I.T.O.'s I had submitted a C.I.T.O. Event were a cache is placed and thought it a clever Idea to attempt to organize a C.I.T.O. Flash mob. It was sorta kinda designed as quick show up clean up n leave.

I was informed :angry: that it was not allowed and was referenced to the C.I.T.O. guidelines. I have looked up the C.I.T.O. guide lines and see nothing like that listed.. :blink:

Personally speaking I think it's a great idea for a quick FLASH MOB C.I.T.O. to get more involved to clean up a side of the road cache site. Could any one point out in the guidelines where it reads this cant happen?? I respect the Reviewers decision on the Event. I'm just not seeing where he gets the justification :sad:

Any help n showing me where this can be found would be greatly appreciated.

I agree there isn't much of time frame to pick up trash etc :unsure: ...But....My thinking is this... B)

If you have say for the sake of numbers 10 people show up pick up trash at a road side "P.G." for 10 minutes, I'm sure the objective of cleaning up "Mother Earth" would be greatly noticed.

All be it most of US do a little C.I.T.O. while caching I just don't see this being a bad idea.

Thanks "Isonzo Karst" :) for the link

It takes longer than that to do a proper CITO. I've been to quite a few. You could still list a flash mob, still pick up trash, but not call it a CITO event, just call it an event and say that what you will be doing for that 10 minutes is litter pick up. Who will dispose of the garbage? Someone has to arrange for it to go/pay to the transfer station/dump. Or do you expect everyone to carry out what they trash out?

If you have say for the sake of numbers 10 people show up pick up trash at a road side "P.G." for 10 minutes, I'm sure the objective of cleaning up "Mother Earth" would be greatly noticed.

I concur! I've seen a flash mob CITO published before and in the short amount of time they managed to get at least 15 large black bags of garbage cleaned up. Limiting this type of event is only letting the environment down. Also if the event organizer has made previous arrangements for the city, park, township whatever to remove the trash after the event I see no reason this should be turned down.

I concur! I've seen a flash mob CITO published before and in the short amount of time they managed to get at least 15 large black bags of garbage cleaned up. Limiting this type of event is only letting the environment down. Also if the event organizer has made previous arrangements for the city, park, township whatever to remove the trash after the event I see no reason this should be turned down.

I appreciate the input and the idea...Thinking maybe just a "Flash Mob" trash pick up may be in order.To get my idea into motion.

Ya know I've been thinking on this a good bit.. Like the conception of the game where "I" feel the idea was to: "get you out hiking and bring you too a kewl location" :D . It's evolved into mindless crappy locations :( park n grabs of random geo-trash hides that personally make my eyes bleed :angry: . Now there trying to keep C.I.T.O.'s this grand idea of a great showing of numbers giving back to Mother Earth. I say let C.I.T.O.'s evolve into what the players feel is a good idea.. Not conforming or if u like "playing the game " the way you like is such a bad idea??!! :anibad:

Personally, I don't understand the flash mob craze. Sure, the first one that I attended was fun because it was unique and different and we actually did the "converge on this spot at this time and disperse after 15 minutes to leave everyone wondering what the heck just happened there" bit.

I love going to events. I enjoy meeting other cachers and trading caching stories. A flash mob says "I don't really want to talk to you or get to know any of you - I just want the smiley".

Now trying to turn CITO events into flash mobs is just plain silly in my opinion. It's like "I don't really want to pick up garbage - I just want the smiley. Here's the grocery bag of trash I managed to pick up in a flash."