GPS Tracking

Hello Everyone

A little bit of history first.

I joined the site back in 2008 as I love gadgets and had an Acer n35 that I used as for Sat Nav. It's pretty poor has a few niggly issues especially as there is no backup battery and so easy to reset the whole device. Tried a couple of caches with it and found one and didn't find another. :mad:

Now due to relocating to Cumbria in the next couple of months decided to look for another GPS device for the many times I will probably get lost. :ph34r: Looked on eBay and found a Garmin GPS 38 which I believe to be about 15 years old. Only paid £7 + £4 delivery. Runs on AA batteries and has a long life span. This brought me back to the site keener than ever to try and do well this time. So far things have been pretty good. :)

I know I have a GPS that may find a place in a museum but it works and as far as I can tell works pretty well, especially in open spaces. I would like to know peoples thoughts on the device as it is very unlikely that I will get to use a more modern device. :unsure:

On a couple of hunts I have failed partly due to the enclosed spaces so the GPS was bouncing all over the place. To get over this I thought about using other tools like the web. Again thoughts on either of the procedures I have tried below, especially how accurate you think they are. :huh:

• Copy and Paste Lat / Long in to Google Maps. Creates a Pinpoint to what I believe to be spot on. :D
  • Copy and Paste Landranger in to Streetmap. Again seems to pinpoint precise location. :D

Thanks in advance for reading and posting any comments.

Most Appreciated.

Paul ;)

• Copy and Paste Lat / Long in to Google Maps. Creates a Pinpoint to what I believe to be spot on. :D
  • Copy and Paste Landranger in to Streetmap. Again seems to pinpoint precise location. :D

Thanks in advance for reading and posting any comments.

Most Appreciated.

Paul ;)

Can't comment on the GPS, but you don't need to do all that copy/paste business. There's a number of map links on each cache page, including "Google Maps" and "Streetmap" so just click on one of them and Bob's your mothers brother.

FWIW I've used the google maps option with the Satellite view many times and agree it can be very useful.