" Project a Waypoint?"

Splashmaster

Hi Folks ,

Still relatively new at this and a puzzle I cracked the code on has given me a clue that basically says from the given waypoint , project a waypoint of ( not the actual number) 75.67 degrees for 250 meters. Is it asking me to add that amount to one of the ghost co-ordinates already provided for the cache , or am I to go basically ENE at a bearing of 75.67 degrees from the ghost co-ordinate. the numbers I provided aren't the exact but close enough to give the jist of what I am enquiring. I am not sure if " project a waypoint" means to switch to compass once arriving at given co-ordinates or to add them to existing ones and then head to cache.

Thanks in advance,

Splashmaster ( karl)

I've done offset caches like that both ways. Some caches, I've gone to the base coordinates, determined the direction of the bearing, and measured the distance. Other caches, I've used a waypoint projection calculator to determine the coordinates of the second point, given the first point, the bearing, and the distance.

Still relatively new at this and a puzzle I cracked the code on has given me a clue that basically says from the given waypoint , project a waypoint of ( not the actual number) 75.67 degrees for 250 meters. Is it asking me to add that amount to one of the ghost co-ordinates already provided for the cache , or am I to go basically ENE at a bearing of 75.67 degrees from the ghost co-ordinate.

It's the latter. You can calculate the coordinates of the projected point using any of a number of free tools and websites. Your GPS can probably do it, as well.

Hi Folks ,

Still relatively new at this and a puzzle I cracked the code on has given me a clue that basically says from the given waypoint , project a waypoint of ( not the actual number) 75.67 degrees for 250 meters. Is it asking me to add that amount to one of the ghost co-ordinates already provided for the cache , or am I to go basically ENE at a bearing of 75.67 degrees from the ghost co-ordinate. the numbers I provided aren't the exact but close enough to give the jist of what I am enquiring. I am not sure if " project a waypoint" means to switch to compass once arriving at given co-ordinates or to add them to existing ones and then head to cache.

Thanks in advance,

Splashmaster ( karl)

Your gps can probably do this for you.

Here's a tutorial I found by googling "project a waypoint":

http://atlanticgeocaching.com/index.php/2012-03-05-22-43-59/articles-a-tutorials/12-how-to-project-a-waypoint

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol