What has caching made you late for.......

Two new caches came up last night on my route to work.

This morning I set off and went to claim the FTF's! Even though I left earlier than normal I still ended up being over 15 mins late for work :laughing::laughing:

Oh well.

So, what has caching made you late for?

Two new caches came up last night on my route to work.

This morning I set off and went to claim the FTF's! Even though I left earlier than normal I still ended up being over 15 mins late for work :laughing::laughing:

Oh well.

So, what has caching made you late for?

Work, usually going out at lunchtime and overrunning.

Also there was one occasion where me & the missus dropped the kids off at a remote venue for Girl Guides outing, and then went off on the South Downs to grab a few caches, it then got dark, I got very muddy and the missus got really cheesed off as she had visions of them being abandoned in the middle of nowhere waiting for us to collect them. In the end we were only a few minutes late and still beat many of the other parents to the pickup so all was well (but I did have to stay in the car due to the state I was in).

I agree, yes it has to be work.

Trying to get out lunchtimes taking a large list of caches to visit and then only doing a couple of these often leads to being back at work 15 minutes late.

Just as well I do a lot of extra hours and have a fairly easy going boss! :rolleyes:

I've got a problem, I know its a problem but I can't do anything about it!

The problem is.... "I'm NEVER late", in fact I tend to be too early!!

To achieve 'Never being late', I have to allow time so that I'm not late.., and therefore end up being even earlier than when I'm normally early.

Well I was over an hour late for work a couple of months ago. Was on my way and thought would do a short detour to pick up a cache. Reversed into a little turning in the woods not realising that the "puddle" at the entrance was actually a big ditch. Car got stuck, just wheelspinning, had to get RAC out to tow me out. I was in a suit and got covered in mud, my shoes I had to take off and wash under the tap when I got to work they were so filthy and my car looked like I had been rallying in it from all the mud flicking up when it was wheel spinning trying to get out of the ditch.

Oh and to top it all, what was I doing that day? Interviewing potential new members of staff - what a great impression I must have made on them!!!

Have also managed to walk in dog poo doing a sneaky cache on way to work and had to go back and change shoes and also got my trousers soaking wet one time walking through some long grass and again had to go home to change first. About half hour late for each of those.

I tell myself "never again" but caching is in my blood :)

I liked drsolly's log.

With me it is pretty much just late for dinner/tea. I generally do not cache before work. I have cached at lunchtime, but only if I have time; I've not been late for a meeting. But after work and getting home later than expected - yes. Or on the weekends, getting home later than my expected time - yes.

I was made late for taking the memsarb out.

I had found the caches in a park some distance from home. As I returned to the car in plenty of time, I could not find the car keys. Urrrrg! I turned out my pockets, emptied my caching bag of bits, but no keys. I had lost them. But where? I started to retrace my steps and I realised that they could be any where in the grass in the field or wood where the caches were.

As I was looking around a bush where one of the caches were hidden, there were two women comming towards me along the path.

As they got near one asked me. "have you lost any keys?" "yes" I answered "my car keys". What a relief as she dangled them in front of me.

She told me that she had found them by the gate to the park.

Was that lucky or what?

Yes I was late due to caching.

Edited by McDeHack