Question about submitting Earthcaches

FearBear

Hi there!

I'm pretty new in the Earthcache world but I'm very interested in submit a bunch of them near my home. My problem is that I'm not sure about whether or not they fulfil the guidelines... So I'd want to contact the reviewer for Spain in order to ask him some questions prior to waste my time preparing the info for the cache.

Thank you very much!

Fernando

Here are the Earthcache Guidelines

http://www.geosociety.org/earthcache/guidelines.htm

Earthcaches are primarily about geology (a major focus on biological, ecological, or archeological features, will not be published).

Here's the chapter landing page for additional information on creating Earthcaches

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=51

And here's "how to contact a reviewer" - in this case, you want to ONLY look at locally published Earthcaches, as that's separate

review team from other cache types.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=200

I was curious about creating an earthcache in another part of the country, not near where I live. Would that be permitted? I cannot imagine any type of maintenance, as the formations have been there over several hundred years and are not going away anytime soon.

It's mentioned in the EarthCache knowledgebooks.

3.11 Vacation EarthCaches

Currently you may submit an EarthCache for a location that is far from your home coordinates. You must have visited the site within the past two months however. It may be rejected if the Reviewer determines there are issues that could require maintenance visits in the near future.

I've found it's a good idea to find a local caching contact who is willing to to run over to check on things if needed. Sometimes the roads to the area are under construction or a trail leading to the EC is closed for maintenance, etc.

Another useful "tool" that I have applied, is find an experienced Earthcacher in the region (someone who has placed a good few) and perhaps PM them and ask for some guidance too.

Most EC'ers I know are only too happy to share their expereinces and gives some tips and tricks for local conditions.

Another useful "tool" that I have applied, is find an experienced Earthcacher in the region (someone who has placed a good few) and perhaps PM them and ask for some guidance too.

Most EC'ers I know are only too happy to share their expereinces and gives some tips and tricks for local conditions.

Yep... It seems to work well...

Okay. I'm ready to start working on my first (and probably only) EarthCache. Gupy was being grumpy, and did not record two of the locations I want to highlight. It may take a while before I get back.

How do I set up a dialogue with the reviewer? Set up the page, with warning that it's in the working stage? Asking for advice and assistance?

Okay. I'm ready to start working on my first (and probably only) EarthCache. Gupy was being grumpy, and did not record two of the locations I want to highlight. It may take a while before I get back.

How do I set up a dialogue with the reviewer? Set up the page, with warning that it's in the working stage? Asking for advice and assistance?

Start on your earthcache page, save your changes, but don't enable the cache. Find a recently published earthcache near the area you want to place yours (recently placed is the key; there are more EC reviewers now than there used to be). Drop them a line, give them the GC # for the unpublished cache, and start a conversation.