Guidelines are sure hard to find!! request...

sherk

Can the "geocache guidelines" be easier to find?

I am looking at creating my first cache and was looking for the "guidelines" that are often referred to in forum posts. I found it frustrating to find them.

Finally found a small link inside the "online form" to report a new cache. I didn't think it would be there because if you are already reporting a new cache you made, then its a bit late to be reading the guidelines for the first time. And I thought, why would it be part of a form?

Perhaps they can be linked on the hide/seek page or linked in the "How do I place a Cache" tutorial.

This may help some of the confusion over what is/isn't approved (and why some caches are grandfathered). It helped me in thinking about my own!

Thanks for listening!

PS If they are already linked on the front page somewhere feel free to tell me I'm an idiot! icon_razz.gif

Have you seen this?

New to Geocaching?

You can Read our Frequently Asked Questions page to learn about the sport, read the guide to finding your first cache, or if there are no caches near you, learn how to create the first cache in your area. There are also plenty of people to help answer your questions in the online forums.

Its on the main page at the top. Or is this not what you were looking for? icon_rolleyes.gif

All non-newbie geocachers know what the guidelines are. Why should we take up more valuable space on any page with a clear link?

Don't make me have to see an extra hyperlink just because you can't navigate the site.

Oops, I forgot - I'm not leatherman. icon_redface.gif A clear link is an excellent idea, and we really should have one. Something bid, red, and hard to miss.