Garmin Nuvi 500 - need help downloading

StreichForce

I had caches in my Garmin Nuvi 500 but somehow they all disappeared and now the Garmin is telling me I have to be a premium member and to go to the website. I do not remember, nor can I find how I got started before. I have a pocket query ready to download but obviously I can't.

Is there a BASIC step-by-step, from step 1 on how to do this.

I need help :blink:

I had caches in my Garmin Nuvi 500 but somehow they all disappeared and now the Garmin is telling me I have to be a premium member and to go to the website. I do not remember, nor can I find how I got started before. I have a pocket query ready to download but obviously I can't.

http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm is probably the best tutorial on pocket queries.

http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm is probably the best tutorial on pocket queries.

Save the pocket query zip file to your computer. Then unzip the file. Plug your Nuvi into the computer. Access mass storage and open the unzipped query and copy and paste to the gpx file on the nuvi.

I have the pocket query ready to go. Does anyone know anything about GARMIN and how to make see I actually AM a premium member so I can download the query?

I'm confused. What is telling you you're not a premium member? All you should need to do is:

1. Pick a day of the week for your PQ to run, and submit it.

2. Once you receive an email saying that your PQ has run, either unzip the attached ZIP file, or if it contains more than 500 caches, follow the link to the website, download the ZIP, then unzip it.

3. Copy the unzipped GPX file(s) to your GPS under the folder [Garmin drive:]\garmin\gpx