Complainment about appeals@Groundspeak.com

I waited now over one month - no responese, so I wrote again - let's see what's the answer

They even said (paraphrasing) "The answer is no, deal with it and leave us alone."

Perhaps you should accept that the answer is no. Then... "deal with it". Then... "leave them alone".

Food for thought.

lol, no, that's not correct.

They wanted a confimration from the land owner. I gave'em one and then they said: they checking with the local reviwer. As I said, that's over one month...

you just made your local reviewer dislike you, personally...

so no matter what you do, they just say no,

GC.COM can not puplish any caches a local reviewer say NO to..

and if no answers or just 1-2 month to answer, your are just the looser of this..

so just bad luck to you..

the more you yell at a closed door, the more it will stay closed..

Early on, was the OP really given some hope that this could possibly be published if negotiations were successful? No matter. There is some clear communication that followed by Groundspeak representatives that this cache has been rejected by appeals, and the decision is final. That's our Supreme Court. No wiggle room. As long as the thread is not locked, the OP can continue to voice their opinion. It seems that divin3 is not yet able to accept that it's over.

A don't know, but in my world I'm used to get an answer, if I'm told that I'll get one. :drama:

Well, we were pretty much led to believe from Sandy that the cache was rejected by appeals, and it's over forever. We were also kind of led to believe that the misunderstanding was due mainly to English not being your first language. But then we were informed that Groundspeak does have a fluent German speaker on staff. I don't know, best I can tell, this is all over, and has been all over for quite some time.

EDIT: P.S. There are a couple of alternative Geocaching websites in Germany, that do quite well. Much better than they do in North America. Why don't you try pestering them? :P

Edited by Mr.Yuck

That does not have something to do with my English. I don't know what you understand, if someone tells you: "we're working on it". Does this in your edit: English edit end mean, it's over? :rolleyes:

I would feel a shame if I would work there and this is the only way to get rid of the people if you don't have any arguments left :anibad:

(sry, I know, a lot of you guys working for geocaching.com, but thats just my opinion) B)

Edited by divin3

That does not have something to do with my English. I don't know what you understand, if someone tells you: "we're working on it". Does this in your edit: English edit end mean, it's over? :rolleyes:

I would feel a shame if I would work there and this is the only way to get rid of the people if you don't have any arguments left :anibad:

(sry, I know, a lot of you guys working for geocaching.com, but thats just my opinion) B)

Oh, my edit was only to say about the alternative Geocaching websites. In fact, the world's 2nd most used alternative Geocaching website by a landslide is German in Orgin. Believe me, I don't work for Groundspeak. I have many issues with them. I've even had a few temporary bans here in the forums. :lol:

Oh, my edit was only to say about the alternative Geocaching websites.

Yep, I've also registed on other websites. Thanks anyway.

In fact, the world's 2nd most used alternative Geocaching website by a landslide is German in Orgin. Believe me, I don't work for Groundspeak. I have many issues with them. I've even had a few temporary bans here in the forums. :lol:

Sry to hear that :huh:

But I wasn't talkin to you :grin:

OK, let's assume that the OP obtained permission to hide a cache on a building in the middle of a railroad yard. Things can be different in different countries.

I still wouldn't unarchive this cache if it was in my review territory. When your reviewer asks you to remove something from your listing because it violates a guideline, and you restore the deleted content post-publication, I think permanent archival sends a clear message.

You have all of the correspondence, we don't. If you truly feel that the situation was not closed and that they owe you further correspondence, then drop them a polite note explaining this. Rehashing it in the forum is not going to accomplish anything.

Oh, my edit was only to say about the alternative Geocaching websites.

Yep, I've also registed on other websites. Thanks anyway.

In fact, the world's 2nd most used alternative Geocaching website by a landslide is German in Orgin. Believe me, I don't work for Groundspeak. I have many issues with them. I've even had a few temporary bans here in the forums. :lol:

Sry to hear that :huh:

But I wasn't talkin to you :grin:

A sense of humor, I like it. But try talkin' to Keystone then. Sandy, she has weekends off. :lol:

When your reviewer asks you to remove something from your listing because it violates a guideline, and you restore the deleted content post-publication, I think permanent archival sends a clear message.

It sends a clear message all right, but not necessarily the one that was intended.

I thought the rule was no caches to be placed within 50m (or some such distance) of active railway lines?

The railroad guideline is considerably more complex than that; among other things, it takes into account local laws -- which may be different in Germany.

I thought the rule was no caches to be placed within 50m (or some such distance) of active railway lines?

The railroad guideline is considerably more complex than that; among other things, it takes into account local laws -- which may be different in Germany.

...and if there's a barrier between the tracks and the cache location, such as a road, fence, etc. I can point to several around here that are less than 50m from the tracks (some considerably less). If you can demonstrate that there's a sufficient barrier between the cache and the tracks, a reviewer may allow it, but it's up to them.

The German federal railways do not wish to have any cache on their property. The thread starter comes from Switzerland, however, and not from Germany.

Cezanne

The team here at Groundspeak has again reviewed this request for publication of this cache. We have also reviewed the 'permission' you forwarded, but we will decline to publish this cache in its current location.

We invoke this section of the guidelines: "At times a geocache may meet the requirements for publication on the site but the reviewers, as experienced geocachers, may see additional concerns not listed in these guidelines that you as a geocache placer may not have noticed. The reviewer may bring these additional concerns to your attention and offer suggestions so that the geocache can be published."

The cache will remain archived. Please move the container and submit another listing at a location outside of the rail yard. This will be the last correspondence about this matter. You are also reminded that the Geocaching.com forums are subject to these guidelines.

Sincerely,

Sandy

Community Relations Manager

Dear Sandy

lol, you're so funny. I thought you might be more creative than giving me the same reason again. You may remember that you told me the same excuse a couple months before and you told me as a solution , that I should get the permission from the land owner (which I did).

But, don't feel forced to replay, I accept your well-considered decision and wish you a wonderfull Week/life.

Best wishes

• You've got all of the correspondence
  • None of the rules were violated
  • The reviwer had no problem with the location or the cache as it was
  • She applied the rule (see bleow). As a conclution of this problem, they told me that I should show them a permission (what I did). But then they apply the same rule again? lol

This looks for me childish, and sad for the cachers. :signalviolin: A communication manager should care, try to find a solution and not outdare. I hope she keeps her jobs, because there is not a good resume in the internet if you gooogle that name :unsure:

So, end of the soty, thanks for you understanding, alle the nice PMs. Happy geocaching 2 everyone

I also hope that Sandy keeps her job for a long, long time, because she is very good at it.

Your thread, on the other hand, has reached its expiration date. See (1) Sandy's reminder that the "this is final" advice also applies to the forums, and (2) the "respect" section of our Forum Guidelines.