Another pocket query request

briansnat

The PQ files come with a symbol of "waypoint". If I want to have a geocache icon appear on my GPS without manually changing each one, I have to play around with the file. This is a pain. Can y'all have the file come with the symbol of "geocache" imbedded as the default? If not, perhaps there can be a PQ box we can check to force it to come with the geocache symbol if we desire.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

It would be nice if you could set your own default icon HOWEVER if you are a Magellan user (like me) you will have trouble uploading from ExpertGPS if you get the icons wrong. I used to have a Garmin and wished for the Geocache icon to be in the GPX files. When I tried uploading one of these GPX files with Geocache icons to my Magellan the upload died.

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

The PQ files come with a symbol of "waypoint". If I want to have a geocache icon appear on my GPS without manually changing each one, I have to play around with the file.

If you are getting the .loc file and using EasyGPS to upload, you'll get a waypoint icon. If you get the .gpx file, the very same procedure uploads a Geocache/Geocache Found icon to your GPS (it also shows correctly in EasyGPS this way.

--

Cheers,

Stuey icon_biggrin.gif