TB for Girl Scout Caches

TheRhythmClan

Hello:

My son and I found a travel bug, and the individual that placed it suggested that it would like to travel to Girl Scout Cache.

:huh:

Is it possible to find Girl Scout Caches? If so, please tell. If not, we do know of a Cache that is called "Just for Girls" which seems like it would be appropriate.

:)

Hmmm...well, Girl Scouts have only had a Geocaching badge available since about November of last year. Unless it's in the name, it's tough to tell. I'm doing a badge workshop in June and would hide one with my account, so even a username might not help. I wouldn't worry about it; the TB will end up in one eventually. Until then, "Just For Girls" sounds great.

Go to the geocaching home page and click on "Play" then "Hide and Seek a Cache". Scroll down until you get to "Other Search Options". In "By Cache Name" type in "Girl Scout" (without the quotation marks) and hit GO. It will come up with a whole bunch of girl scout caches. I'm not sure if you will have to scroll through them to see if there are any near you, but if you really want, it's worth a try. Hope this helps.

Go to the geocaching home page and click on "Play" then "Hide and Seek a Cache". Scroll down until you get to "Other Search Options". In "By Cache Name" type in "Girl Scout" (without the quotation marks) and hit GO. It will come up with a whole bunch of girl scout caches. I'm not sure if you will have to scroll through them to see if there are any near you, but if you really want, it's worth a try. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all of the good ideas. We did a search for "Girl Scout" caches and noticed there were a lot in Indiana where this TB originated. Those Hoosier Girl Scouts must really be in to geocaching. Alas, there were no Girl Scout Caches in Utah which is where we are. We'll just place it in a good place as Max & 99 suggested. Thank you.