Put the "New" back...

Vacman

I must say that I do _NOT_ like the astrisk on the right side of the screen when the cache has been found within the last 7 days. If it is being omitted to save band-width... I guess I'll have to live with it. But I really liked the second version of the "new" graphic that was up until today..... IMHO

--------------------------------------------------

"If you ever go temporarily insane, don't shoot somebody, like a lot of people do. Instead, try to get some weeding done, because you'd really be surprised." - Jack Handy

I prefer it the way it is now. I can look at *only* my finds, *only* my hides or *only* ones I haven't found yet near some reference point. This is pretty much all I ever need to do. I never liked the sorted list because I was always interested in just some of the data (either finds, hides or not found yet) and the rest was always just noise that I had to scroll through.

Plus, the new search page is much more efficient on the db server, so I'm a *huge* fan of it. icon_wink.gif

I realize this is slightly off topic from the original post... icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Perhaps the asterisk could be 'bold'. * reads better than *.

I like the asterisk because text loads faster than an image. If it works, text is always preferable. Just adding a <b>*</b> to the template might just make the difference to please all (then again, I'm dreaming).

Happy hunting,

Tom

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.

Henry David Thoreau

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

Problem: They (whoever "they" are) complained about the "new" flag, now people don't like the "asterisk."

Solution: How about a "Champagne-bottle-popping-its-cork" graphic?

Better solution---Drop the "new" indicator all-together.....what people can't tell a find that says "today" or "yesterday" or a couple days ago is NEW?

Nothing to see here, move along.

quote:
Originally posted by IV_Warrior:

Better solution---Drop the "new" indicator all-together.....what people can't tell a find that says "today" or "yesterday" or a couple days ago is NEW?

Yeah, you're right ... and that's exactly the same thing I said when computer operating systems (and the internet) changed to the graphics-based mess they are. It wasn't THAT long ago that the consensus was that nobody would EVER want or need anything faster than a 286 processor, a monochrome monitor, 1 meg of ram and 10 megs of storage space ...

Arg....I still contend that nothing beyong the "2 days ago" is necesary to tell me a cache was found 2 days ago.

My orignal suggestion still seems like a good compramise though -- Make the "2 days ago" font yellow if it was found within the past 7 days. This way there is still a "pop" for the eye, yet doesn't add to the clutter.

On another note...I've decided I REALLY like the way the new Nearest Page sorts much better than when it bunched up your hides and finds etc. icon_biggrin.gif

Happy Halloween

TBH - we all survived just fine before without it, but my point was and still is - if you're going to have something there - make it stand out.

Hence my thread submission (Good thing these threads don't have to be approved)

--------------------------------------------------

"If you ever go temporarily insane, don't shoot somebody, like a lot of people do. Instead, try to get some weeding done, because you'd really be surprised." - Jack Handy