I breath a sigh of relief when........

Yes - I confess, I like to look at the caches we've found recently for the next week or so, partly to see if anyone takes the swag we left, but also to see if they had any difficulties, if we had a hard time with that cache. And if we posted a DNF, then I keep looking to see if we were just dumb, or if the cache really isn't there! :rolleyes:

I watch trackables. I'm very protective of the TBs I move for others so I always watch to see if someone picks it up or not. you know... Did I make a good cache selection? Has it gone missing (especially geocoins), etc. Weird as there is nothing I can do about it.

I watch trackables. I'm very protective of the TBs I move for others so I always watch to see if someone picks it up or not. you know... Did I make a good cache selection? Has it gone missing (especially geocoins), etc. Weird as there is nothing I can do about it.

I do the same thing with trackables. I'll watch the cache/trackable until the trackable has been taken to it next journey.

Ever since I started geocaching...I place a found cache on my Watch List, once it's found again, off it comes - not exactly with a sigh of relief, but I know what you mean. I've only been LTF twice...and whether it was my fault or not - I did not like it. :(

Bill

Same here. Cachers in my area have minds like steal straps and remember names. I have been stunned by other cachers telling me how much they enjoyed a particular cache I hid or remember when I found a couple of their caches. Last thing I want is for them to remember when I posted a cache and the cords were off.

Same for hides, where I think some of the hides were rather optimistic at best.

Same for some trackables -- there are a few geocoins on my watch list which are still on the move, which is nice to see. Also a Red Jeep, because I know there are some people who feel the best way to protect the remaining Jeeps is for them to take permanent custody of them. :rolleyes:

Can't say I do. Here's a question, though. If the next person DNFs, it's either because you didn't hide it well enough or you hid it too well. So how would you know the difference?

I'm really OCD about rehiding things so I know when I"ve done a good job. I often grab more material and recover. Step back, look, add more stuff as necessary.

Same for some trackables -- there are a few geocoins on my watch list which are still on the move, which is nice to see. Also a Red Jeep, because I know there are some people who feel the best way to protect the remaining Jeeps is for them to take permanent custody of them. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry - I'm rather new. I've read a few forum posts lately that mentions Jeeps. What is it about?

I'm sorry - I'm rather new. I've read a few forum posts lately that mentions Jeeps. What is it about?

A few years ago, Jeep, yes, the truck company, put out a series of Jeep TBs for geocaching. They were immensely popular to find, so much so, in fact, that many disappeared off the grid within a fairly short time. Whether or not this was done by neophytes who didn't know what they were, muggles who found them accidently or just plain unscrupulous cachers adding them to private collections is pure spectulation. There are still a few out there but are very rare. If you do find one, enjoy it but take some care to place it in a good "safe" cache.

BTW there are other company themed TBs floating around too, like the Geico Gecko TBs...

Edited by Brooklyn51

I take a sharp breath of anger and self loathing when someone posts "Easy Find" after I DNF'd a cache.

:D Ditto! Happens all too often!

What's worse is when I go back, and still can't find it!

I've DNF'd three times on one cache right by my house. tons of posts along the lines of "quick cach", "Easy grab". Jerks. :-(

Someone else finds a cache after we find it, at least i know I hid it okay. Does anyone else feel the same?

Sure. I check all the time.

Yes - I confess, I like to look at the caches we've found recently for the next week or so, partly to see if anyone takes the swag we left...

People in your area talk about swag they took? For a while I'd find fun things to put in caches, but I got bored because no one ever mentioned them.

Someone else finds a cache after we find it, at least i know I hid it okay. Does anyone else feel the same?

Sure. I check all the time.

Yes - I confess, I like to look at the caches we've found recently for the next week or so, partly to see if anyone takes the swag we left...

People in your area talk about swag they took? For a while I'd find fun things to put in caches, but I got bored because no one ever mentioned them.

Before the obligatory "TNLNSL, TFTC" logs became common people used to write things like. "Took the magnifying glass. Left a golf ball. Thanks for the geocache."

Same for hides, where I think some of the hides were rather optimistic at best.Same for some trackables -- there are a few geocoins on my watch list which are still on the move, which is nice to see. Also a Red Jeep, because I know there are some people who feel the best way to protect the remaining Jeeps is for them to take permanent custody of them. :rolleyes:

I was at an event and found THREE jeep in someone hands. I discovered them and yes, this cacher didnt discover them or picked it up. So it looks like someone muggled it. He have the jeeps for years.

Jeep1

Jeep2

Jeep3

I picked up a jeep once and dropped it off and thought it was "safe"... well.. it is missing. another jeep Plus, I dropped off tons of coins at the same time and they are all missing as well. I was new into caching and didnt know some of those trackable were rare. Yes. it upset me. I dont care if people keep the jeeps as long they let other people discover them and let other know its in their collection.

Back on the OP.

Oh yes... I do watch caches I find and trackables

Edited by SwineFlew