May Photo Competition

April competition is here.

The taking part is more important than the winning. The more people that enter the better.

The rules are the same as those used in previous months.

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Max two photos per caching team or cacher. (Maybe 3 if you really have an extra pic that's great!)

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme if they wish.

5) Photos should be recent. Higher credit will be given to photos taken in the current month.

6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

If you haven't already uploaded a photo, a good tip might be to upload it to one of your log entries (it can just be 'post a note'). Then, view your log (not the cache page) click & display the photo, then copy the URL to provide a link. If it's not actually relevant to the cache you've used, delete the note and the photo - the URL will still work. On this forum, add a reply and click the small green tree icon above the text box and paste in your URL.

Get snapping!

Taken this afternoon whilst checking on one of my own GC3E184, after reading a log yesterday. Sure enough, the footpath to GZ was definitely a little wetter than it usually gets.

A recent tweet by our Lady Bathurst came to mind:

Comment I heard today 'I know there's a hosepipe ban, but am I allowed to use one to pump the water OUT of my garden, which is waterlogged?'

ff81604c-0637-463e-8864-e476f6ce5b52.jpg

Am having trouble putting up a photo - have tried to follow the instructions and put it in from a log and have also tried to put it in from a link to my flickr account. I just press the tree iconto insert image and paste in the URL but every time I get the message "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board."

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Am having trouble putting up a photo - have tried to follow the instructions and put it in from a log and have also tried to put it in from a link to my flickr account. I just press the tree iconto insert image and paste in the URL but every time I get the message "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board."

jpg/jpeg work.

You have another extension (the .bit) on the end of the name.

It doesn't work from Flickr.

Assuming you've already uploaded the photo to your log and also assuming you have Firefox - try the following;

Right click on the image in your gallery that you want to post here and click 'copy image location'

Use this url to post the picture by clicking the insert image icon above

Assuming you've already uploaded the photo to your log and also assuming you have Firefox - try the following;

Right click on the image in your gallery that you want to post here and click 'copy image location'

Use this url to post the picture by clicking the insert image icon above

Thanks! Both of your assumptions were correct.

22c4918a-ee89-44af-89bd-5e392da1fa86.jpg

This was taken near cache GC1H7CK - The Kiss of Death, where we started the excellent halloween series.

Hello I know the rules specify 2 images and for something special a third may be allowed.

Ive attached a third, if someone things this is not suitable then please disregard the image.

Whilst trying to find GL85RNW8 which ended up as a DNF I stumbled across this baby owl on the floor. Just had enough time to take one picture and get away as quickly as possible.

679fcf3e-729b-4dc0-8d11-4dbba0f06b10.jpg

I released a couple of zodiac tag TBs in September 2009. They made their separate ways around the UK for a while before I was able to coax them first to join up, then to return home. They finally came back to me when they were dropped off in Small Acorns (GC2CYKZ) the other day.

dzutqp.jpg

We've just had a long weekend away on Jersey, in perfect weather, so we took quite a lot of photographs and I haven't finished adding them all to our cache logs yet but here are two of them:

3f3fbd5e-1a87-4b58-b074-bdf117b61e10.jpg

Just along the cliff from Big Nosed Bunker GC89D3ZM

c070efee-87ba-49f4-be17-e44da8985a81.jpg

The view from Jersey Number One GCB662 (Placed Dec '02)

MrsB