Multiple Map Sets

Camp&Trek

New to all this. I'm having trouble loading multiple map sets into my Garmin Etrex Vista HCx. When I load one it kicks another out. I don't get it....Also when caching and the thing is not recording my caches when I get there. I'm stumped and just need some answers and or advice. Thanks

I'm having trouble loading multiple map sets into my Garmin Etrex Vista HCx. When I load one it kicks another out. I don't get it....

Great Scott! and _Shaddow_ are correct, the Vista HCx only accepts one mapset file.

I have recently successfully installed different maps (Ibycus Topo + OpenStreetMap) into one mapset on my Vista HCx. It is possible, but depending on the format of your maps it can be a more or less complicated task to achieve.

Can you read your maps with Garmin's MapSource software (purchased map DVDs or downloaded maps that came with an installer) ? If so, you should be able to select multiple maps and send them directly to your device or MicroSD card without trouble.

If not, are your maps each in a 'gmapsupp.img' file? If so, you'll have to do some reverse-engineering with software like gmaptool and cGPSmapper before you can load them in MapSource. I was successful in doing just that (after many long hours of Googling and trial and error), so if you need step by step help just let me know.

Also when caching and the thing is not recording my caches when I get there. I'm stumped and just need some answers and or advice.

Are you using the "Found" feature on the compass page?