Logs (silently) deleted?

infosponge

This happened to me twice last weekend and once again today.

I log a cache, then immediately either go view the cache or go to "My Cache Page"...my log is not there.

The geocaching database seems to be (silently) not accepting the insert of the log, and I have to go back and re-enter it.

When this happened last weekend, I also got an error page with some deadlock messages about 10 minutes later, so I'm assuming it was related to the system being busy.

http://www.tampabaygeocaching.com

I watch quite a few caches in my area and I have noticed a marked increase of people reporting lost entries. At first I figured it was a fluke on a couple caches, thinking maybe the cache owner goofed, but I've seen about 6 people in the last two weeks reporting lost entries. Sometimes going back 8 months. I haven't been looking that closely but it seems fairly random, not all entries on one cache for example. And it does not look like they were removed by the owner on purpose.

I can compile a list of examples from the users and provide them to GC.com if they are interested.

quote:
Originally posted by kd4adc:

It happens to me regularly, too. I have gotten into the habit of copying my entry to the clipboard before I click submit. Then, I just paste into the second attempt if necessary.

GMTA - I also do copy my entry before attempting to post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I want to see a sunrise, I'll STAY up for it!

I seam to have lost certain logged caches from the My Cache Page, 4 to date that I know of.While I realise I could probably relog them again I would be unable to be to remember the comments made in the original logging of the caches.I have emailed Groundspeak directly on the 07 September but no reply as yet.