Group Cruise for Geocachers

Hello,

The wife and I try to grab a couple of caches in every country we cruise to, and it's nice when we get the chance to meet fellow cachers. Most of the time, though, we only notice the logs on the caches when we get home. These logs say something to the effect of 'found while on our cruise', and it would have been nice to actually meet them on board and maybe grab a cache or two together.

There is currently a group cruise planned for March 17-24, 2013 from Tampa, FL to Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya, and Cozumel.

I'm not sure if I can post actual links here, but if you go to facebook and search for 'group cruise for geocachers' you should be able to find it. If not, please feel free to contact me for the link.

Let's cruise,

Kyle & Joy

Lizard -n- Grits

Sounds like fun, but my more immediate goal is to cache in all 50 states. To that end I'm boarding a cruise to Alaska after the Block Party next month. Maybe the cruise line would let you post a geocacher meet up on the message boards on the ship?

I've already connected with two others on our cruise via a cruising review website that has a roll call section. But I don't think they are geocachers.

Be sure to hide a cache on the ship before you leave port, and pass the coordinates around to any other cachers on the ship to look for, but only once the ship is actually underway. You will know the serious cachers, 'cause they'll be the ones jumping overboard staring wildly at the GPSrs in their hands as they swim for the dock. :lol:

Be sure to hide a cache on the ship before you leave port, and pass the coordinates around to any other cachers on the ship to look for, but only once the ship is actually underway. You will know the serious cachers, 'cause they'll be the ones jumping overboard staring wildly at the GPSrs in their hands as they swim for the dock. :lol:

I don't think you can do that. Weren't traveling caches grandfathered?

I don't think you can do that. Weren't traveling caches grandfathered?

Travelling cachers are still allowed, though.

Sounds like fun, but my more immediate goal is to cache in all 50 states. To that end I'm boarding a cruise to Alaska after the Block Party next month. Maybe the cruise line would let you post a geocacher meet up on the message boards on the ship?

I've already connected with two others on our cruise via a cruising review website that has a roll call section. But I don't think they are geocachers.

That's a great site, I'm over there all the time (hellicap), can't we mention the sight's name? they are not a competing site. I'm sure that if you wanted to start a geo roll call for a specific ship then they would not have a problem with it.