Trackables visiting DNF caches

moop

I have a TB (TB18YT6) that has several pages of "visited" logs. I checked some of the associated cache logs and found some DNFs. I tried this out with one of my missing TBs (TB195WP) and an archived cache (GC120QE). When I selected Log Type DNF, I was still presented with the Dropped Off and Visited actions. Here is the cache log and here is the TB log.

I think I see what you are saying. Someone has your TB and is dipping it in every cache they visit whether they find it or not and you think this should not be possible.

It does seem a bit silly doesn't it.

:)

Personally, I've dipped a TB (my own) in DNFs a couple of times ;)

If I wasn't able to I wouldn't be too upset

Thanks

Mark

Edited to make sense :huh:

Edited by Delta68

I have a TB (TB18YT6) that has several pages of "visited" logs. I checked some of the associated cache logs and found some DNFs. I tried this out with one of my missing TBs (TB195WP) and an archived cache (GC120QE). When I selected Log Type DNF, I was still presented with the Dropped Off and Visited actions. Here is the cache log and here is the TB log.

I'd like the option to be available, being able to drop or visit a TB, regardless of cache status. I'm bright enough to not leave a TB if the container's missing (some people probably aren't), but that would still be an issue on an active cache (when the container is missing).

Cachers should choose the best option for a situation, not, say, drop a TB in a non-existent cache just because the menu item's there. But there might be times where a drop/visit would be useful and shutting off that option would be a problem. And Trackables are a little more free-form than caches, particularly one's own Trackable. You may move them in a way that makes sense to you, or within the wishes of the Trackable Owner.

Edited by kunarion

But then couldn't I dip a TB in a cache in Germany from my couch in Illinois, right now, with a DNF (which would certainly be true)?

Yes, you could also do it with a note, NM, etc. However, just because you CAN do it doesn't mean it's right. If I ever saw someone do that with any of my trackables, I wouldn't hesitate to delete that trackable log.