Show friend's found caches on map / Show wich friens have found cache

Hekemon

Hello

A suggestions to make geocaching more social:

A feature to show all friend's or other geocacher's found caches on map would be useful. Now it's not very easy to get a picture where a friend has been geocaching unless you go through the cache list one by one.

Another useful feature would be to show which of your friends have found that cache. That way you could for example call and ask a hint from friend if you have difficulties finding a cache.

-Heikki

Was about to put this as a new topic but then saw this!

Would be great to be able to view friends geocaches on a map!

I know this forum area is for new features/ website ideas but does anyone from geocache/Groundspeak actually read these request and ideas??

Would also like to see my DNF on my map

I too would love to see this functionality. Even better, if you could show, or rather not show, all of the cache's that you and your friend(s) have found on the map and push that list as a pocket query for when your both together! Just my $2.

New people should do some forum searching before suggesting things that might sound like obvious good ideas. There are very few new ideas presented here.

Things like this have been discussed many times before, with a host of reasons why they're not necessarily as appealing in practice as on paper.

I second that idea! Since my wife and I are often caching with a group of friends it would be so much easier to see on the sidebar in the cache listing whether the friends from my friend list already found that cache or not. I figure this would be pretty easy to implement. In addition to that it woud make planning caching tours so much easier! The aforementioned map feature would be a treast as well.

Because an old thread was bumped, I'm writing to remind everyone of developments that have occurred since 2013:

1.  Use the homepage search filters to only display caches that have not been found by up to five usernames.  Run your search.  On the results page, click the "map these geocaches" button at the top right.  Study the map to find a route full of caches that you and your friends can enjoy hunting together!

2.  Project-GC has even more advanced tools available, in its "Map Compare" feature.

• Upvote 2