[FEATURE] Suggestions for Geocaching app

Wreck Diver

After several weeks of Geocaching using the Geocaching app on an iPhone 4, I wanted to add a few suggestions for consideration:

1.) Add the target name to the Compass screen. With the geocache or waypoint name appearing on the Compass screen, it makes it much easier to associate coordinates and distances when using the iPhone capture screen function. After a cache is found, I will leave the iPhone in Compass and continue averaging the coordinates for several minutes. After replacing the cache, I will capture the screen on the iPhone and save the screen so that the coordinates and distance error to the original coordinates can be added to the finder's log. This would be a tremendous assistance on days where multiple caches are found and multiple Compass screenshots have to be sorted and added.

2.) Add a Compass button to each title bar. When using the Compass it is easy to accidentally change screens, and returning back to the Compass screen can be difficult if you have returned to the Search screen or the Saved screen. In those cases, you are literally starting over from scratch by relocating the saved cache listing, selecting Navigate To Geocache And then recalculating covered distance. This can be time consuming when trying to return to Compass navigation on an additional waypoint.

3.) Add a Refresh All Cache Data button to the settings or to the Saved screen. Cachers often have several Saved Lists of caches and the caches in these lists can only be refreshed individually. These are locally saved lists and appear only on the device and where they are variable by nature, the Saved caches are not long term enough to warrant a Pocket Query.

4.) Add the ability to include coordinates when using the app to Post a Log.

Keep up the great work on the Geocaching app... I'm now using the iPhone for caching much more often than my Magellan eXplorist 710!

Add a waypoint averaging feature to the iPhone app. I always start to find caches, or to place caches using my iPhone4. When conditions cause lots of bounce while seeking or placing caches I also have a Garmin Oregon 400T that I use. The Oregon does waypoint averaging and gives me greater confidence in the coordinates in poor conditions. Quite often I will compare the readings of both devices just for fun and usually they are very close. Only in poor conditions does the Oregon excel. Otherwise, the iPhone has a much better interface and the ability to look up caches on the fly rather than having to plan the search before leaving home. I REALLY enjoy taking out my iPhone while waiting for my wife to finish shopping and look for nearby caches!