New Cache Notifications

Rayjaytobe

Although I have been a member on here for a number of years, I have never properly got into geocaching until recently, and would like some advice please.....

A few times on peoples online logs, they have mentioned 'being notified of a new cache locally'. Is there a setting somewhere that I can change in order to also be notified of new caches, or is it purely pot luck? I would love to get a FTF......

Wow - thank you. Now I just need to sit and wait for the email......... :rolleyes:

I have a personal Email account and a separate Email account for just geocaching. The one for just geocaching has a certain ring tone and when it goes off my wife & I are like Pavlov's Dog, drooling with excitement for another chance of getting a FTF.

I know that the place where you can set up an instant notification is CALLED "Instant Notification Service" but how do you get to it? There is nothing on any link or any page that even HINTS at such a place! Give us a detailed step by step way to get to it. Thanks!

AZcachemeister posted the link that will get you started. Click that and then you will see two more links.

Or, you could follow Walts Hunting's instructions to get to your profile page:

http://www.geocaching.com/my/default.aspx Scroll down a bit, on the right-hand side you will see "Set Up Notifications" and get taken to the same page as AZcachemeister's link.

B.

And once you have the notifications set up to email you, then set up your email on your phone, mine's set to refresh every 10 minutes, so I will be notified within 10 minutes of a cache being published.

Also my reviewer is usually online similar times each night, so I sometimes refresh more often during that period.

Never actually attempted a FTF yet, but only recently became premium, so will hopefully attempt some soon.

But you have to be prepared to cache late at night or early morning depending on your area and who the FTF hunters are.