how do I send geocaches to my Iphone?

Hergies403

It is also possible to download and save your active PQ(s) to the phone for offline use (in areas with no cell signal).

OP, I believe, is not a Premium member, therefore no PQ's. However, as the previous poster stated, the Geocaching app is a live app so you can just search for nearby caches from the app...or caches in another area, if you're planning a trip or something, using the advanced search feature. You can also save any caches you're interested in within the app for later reference. Additionally, if it's a newer iPhone with a GPS chip set, you can even hunt for those saved caches later in areas with no cell signal....the GPS function does not require cell signal to work.

It is also possible to download and save your active PQ(s) to the phone for offline use (in areas with no cell signal).

OP, I believe, is not a Premium member, therefore no PQ's. However, as the previous poster stated, the Geocaching app is a live app so you can just search for nearby caches from the app...or caches in another area, if you're planning a trip or something, using the advanced search feature. You can also save any caches you're interested in within the app for later reference. Additionally, if it's a newer iPhone with a GPS chip set, you can even hunt for those saved caches later in areas with no cell signal....the GPS function does not require cell signal to work.

Not certain about the iPhone app, but the api now allegedly limits non-premium members to three (3) caches a day.

Sorry to semi-hijack the thread but how do I download a PQ to the Iphone ? I do to my GPS all the time , but have never tried to the Iphone itself although do use the app all the time as a redundancy for my GPS but would be great to be able to archive caches for when I am out of cell range.............. Splash

Sorry to semi-hijack the thread but how do I download a PQ to the Iphone ? I do to my GPS all the time , but have never tried to the Iphone itself although do use the app all the time as a redundancy for my GPS but would be great to be able to archive caches for when I am out of cell range.............. Splash

Just tap the "Pocket Queries" button on the main page. After you select a PQ, there's an option to "Save for offline use".

Here's another hijack- how do you delete pocket queries from the list of pocket queries on the iPhone- I have deleted them of gc.com- but they still show on iPhone.

I am meaning from the first listing of pq's- not the saved data.

Thanks,

Laura

Ok so never got an answer to the original question...regardless of the fact that you can search for caches actively using the iphone...if I see one I want to find on my PC and I click "send to my phone" it should show up on my Iphone. I get that you can work around this and just use the app but why then does every cache webpage have the option of send to phone?! I want to cherry pick the geocaches on the computer and send them to my phone. Not just arbitrarily run a search whenever I arrive at a new location.

Ok so never got an answer to the original question...regardless of the fact that you can search for caches actively using the iphone...if I see one I want to find on my PC and I click "send to my phone" it should show up on my Iphone. I get that you can work around this and just use the app but why then does every cache webpage have the option of send to phone?! I want to cherry pick the geocaches on the computer and send them to my phone. Not just arbitrarily run a search whenever I arrive at a new location.

Make a new list to contain the caches you are going to pick.

When you have a selected cache page open, click on the Bookmark Listing and add it to the newly-created list.

When you have all the caches picked, generate a PQ from that list.

Run the PQ and it will show up in the list of available PQs on your phone.

I did this for a road trip set of caches recently and was glad that I also exercised the save-for-offline-use option -- I got far enough north that I lost cell service.

why then does every cache webpage have the option of send to phone?!

You really should have read the instructions that pop up when you click the 'send to phone' link.

The cache details are only 'sent to your phone' if you are using Trimble Outdoors Software.

You can't 'send it' to your iPhone.

I can't 'send it' to my ANDROID phone.

Someone else can't 'send it' to their Windows Phone 7.

We can all (if we are Premium Members) 'send it' to a bookmark list, and make a PQ out of that, that can then be downloaded to the phone and saved there.

Kind of a pain perhaps, but I'd bet the Trimble Outdoors Software users are wishing they could do a live search.

With my Iphone I just type in the GC code in the space below the "find nearby caches" and the cache is loaded. After it is loaded I can add it to my saved list and save it for offline use. When I am in the field I just hit "saved" at the bottom of the page and my list pops up. I highlite the one I want and navigate to it.