New Cache submission bug?

ngrrfan

Is anyone else having a problem when submitting a new cache listing that you get a note saying your listing has been disabled? Is this a bug or is it a new thing when using the wizard?

I haven't tried submitting a cache with the new wizard, but even with the old form, isn't a cache disabled by default until you enable it for review? I've got a new cache that I'm still working on, and it has an "Enable Listing" option in the "Navigation" section of the cache page. This implies to me that the cache is disabled.

Is anyone else having a problem when submitting a new cache listing that you get a note saying your listing has been disabled? Is this a bug or is it a new thing when using the wizard?

ngrrfan, that note is a reminder so you don't forget to enable your new cache when it is ready to be published. Consider that note a new feature.

Let me explain what happened a bit more.

1 - Made cache page.

2 - Checked all boxes

3 - Submitted listing

4 - Got confirmation email thanking me for new submission

5 - Got another email saying reviewer disabled cache (no reviewer note email to me and no note on the cache listing page in the logs)

6 - Cache was published (after about 24 hours)

SO... how can that note be a reminder to enable the listing?

Let me explain what happened a bit more.

1 - Made cache page.

I'm confused. You don't have any cache pages created (or published) after the new form was made available :unsure:

Yes I do. GC3HMCC - Divide, CO was made using the new wizard. The wizard was available last Saturday (the 21st) evening.

Ok, with all this information I wouldn't make my attempt to help you. Maybe you should ask the reviewer who disabled your cache.

That is just the thing - there was no note saying the Reviewer disabled it.

ngrrfan posted this thread after he and I had a chat on Facebook when I had the exact same thing happen to me after using the Wizard for my latest submission (still awaiting review.)

I am waiting for a response from my Reviewer to a separate message asking about the disabling - if he did it or if it was a bug.