Unable to LogIn with Facebook

Crow Skywalker

Every time I try to use the Login with Facebook option, I get "An error has occured: •Facebook No Content". If I log myself out of Facebook from Facebook.com then come here it will give me the password/username option...but when I hit sign in I still get this message. I waited a few days to see if it would fix itself, or if anyone else seemed to have this problem...but it appears I'm the only one, unless I missed a topic.

Thanks,

Crow

I don't have a Facebook account, but I couldn't log in to geocaching.com for about 15 minutes. Kept saying login & password don't match. I sent a request to reset password; didn't get an email (at least not yet; I know emails can be delayed sometimes).

But then I tried it again & it worked. Really odd.

They seem to have resolved my login/password periodically mismatching problem last week. I've never run into the Facebook error (though I don't use Facebook) & don't know if that's related or not. Kind of sounds like there have been a couple different problems.

I contacted customer support and got the following:

Hi there Mike,

I have contacted the Engineering team with this issue, which they tell me has been a rare, but problematic occurrence for some users. They are working on fixing an aspect of this function that they believe is causing the issue, and expect that the update on June 5th. If the issue persists after that day's site release, please reply and we will press them for a closer look at the issue.

Best regards

Sandy

Community Relations Manager

So...June 5th it should be fixed!

Just an update. After a few emails with GS, including "try it again", and then suggesting I should click the icon that I was clicking <_< , I'm still nowhere.

The error did change after the 6 June update. Now, it's giving me:

An error has occurred:

An unexpected error occurred. Please check your data and try again.

Anyone else still having this issue?

Just an update. After a few emails with GS, including "try it again", and then suggesting I should click the icon that I was clicking <_< , I'm still nowhere.

The error did change after the 6 June update. Now, it's giving me:

An error has occurred:

An unexpected error occurred. Please check your data and try again.

Anyone else still having this issue?

Yep, getting that message now as well.

We will investigate further.

We also cannot sign in on our iPad it just keeps going back to the sign in page, also having the same problems with the new sign in page on the home PC using Chrome and it only sgns in using the old sign in at the top but also wont stay signed in even after ticking the "stay signed in" tab.

Cheers,

Geckoh from New Zealand.

We will investigate further.

We also cannot sign in on our iPad it just keeps going back to the sign in page, also having the same problems with the new sign in page on the home PC using Chrome and it only sgns in using the old sign in at the top but also wont stay signed in even after ticking the "stay signed in" tab.

Cheers,

Geckoh from New Zealand.

We-are having the same problem and since we are attending a mega event and want to see the caches,it is extremely frustrating not to get past the sign in screen. What should we do. Petendot from Canada

Update:

The issue for the majority of geocachers unable to log in was recently fixed. There are, however, some lingering problems that we are currently investigating. We apologize to those who are still affected by this issue, but think that this may be due to a password update. If you have recently updated your password, we asked that you attempt logging in after one or two hours post-password update.

The issues some geocachers are having with iOS log in appears to be corrected when you turn off "Private browsing" in their Safari settings.

We will continue to monitor this thread.

I'm still getting

"An error has occurred:

•An unexpected error occurred. Please check your data and try again."

I have not changed my password in almost a year.

Are you logging in through iOS? And if so, have you turned off 'private browsing'? If not, then we will inform the engineers who are still investigating the lingering issues.

Thank you.

I've been trying to log in on my laptop using Explorer. I do not have private browsing turned on. I have tried using my phone/Safari as well and have gotten the same message.

Thanks,

Crow

I'm still getting

"An error has occurred:

Are you logging in through iOS? And if so, have you turned off 'private browsing'? If not, then we will inform the engineers who are still investigating the lingering issues.

Thank you.

I've been trying to log in on my laptop using Explorer. I do not have private browsing turned on. I have tried using my phone/Safari as well and have gotten the same message.

Thanks,

Crow

I'm still getting

"An error has occurred:

Thank you.

Thanks for the update.