Request: Individual caches as GPX?

fizzymagic

To TPTB: is it possible that the "download cache" button on the individual cache pages could be configured to download GPX files for members? I think it would actually reduce the server load, because we wouldn't have to download a whole new Pocket Query to be able to include new local caches in our Palms...

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

Good idea, perhaps limit to X number of downloads per day, to avoid site suckers from using it as an easier way to get loads of data out.

You may now proceed to poo-poo my post. icon_smile.gif

Don't you think site suckers would tend to use Pocket Queries anyway, up to a point?

Perhaps the way to do it is to have a way to dedicate one or more pocket query slots to these "dynamic" queries instead, and then limit the number of dynamic queries to 500 (or slightly fewer, if dynamic queries use a lot more overhead) per dedicated pocket query slot per day. Then, I could download 2500 dynamic queries, at the cost of not being able to do any pocket queries that day.

I'd still want the option to do free .loc downloads, though. They're a convenient way to automate the retrieval of just a latitude and longitude for use in a script that wants to, say, automatically retrieve imagery for the neighborhood of a given cache ID.

warm.gif

Good catch, Evergreen. Actually, no, it's not quite what I am asking for. In that post, Jeremy is talking about replacing .loc with .gpx, but not including any more information in the .gpx than is already in the .loc file. I'm asking for a .gpx file that has the same information as current Pocket Queries return...