Modify Route link is not there...

Lizzy

I looked up a user route in the create/edit route section. I found one similar to what I was looking for and went to click on the "modify route" to adjust it for my needs. Unfortunately, the link is not there. It appears to be a link, but nothing...

Here is the location: create/edit route

Just sayin'

I just tried it, and it acts the same for me. I'm pretty sure this is by design (although with a bug). It makes sense that you can't modify another user's route. If you look at one of your routes, that link works as expected. The site should probably hide that link entirely for the routes of others.

Creation of a route is fully functional right now; what is broken is the editing of existing routes. It will be quite a while before that is fixed, as the changes to the Google API rendered useless all of the hacks that we had put in place previously to allow editing.

Note the bold I added to Moun10Bike's reply. I think this means it is not going to be done in the average hamsters lifetime.

Creation of a route is fully functional right now; what is broken is the editing of existing routes. It will be quite a while before that is fixed, as the changes to the Google API rendered useless all of the hacks that we had put in place previously to allow editing.

Note the bold I added to Moun10Bike's reply. I think this means it is not going to be done in the average hamsters lifetime.

Thanks for the replies and information. Now that I know the history of this, I will just wait patiently.