GAGB events Calendar

I see the notes on events saying they've been added but I've never looked at it or even felt the need to... :unsure:

Got to be honest, I always seen those notes as spam.

and of course, any cache owner who feels the same has the right to delete that note :rolleyes:

...assuming of course they are prepared the for angry email that follows afterwards :rolleyes:

I am the committee member that currently checks the listings/updates the calendar/posts the notes on the cache pages - and certainly haven't sent any emails (angry or otherwise!) to anyone that has deleted the 'note' about the event.

It is the opposite in fact - we often get emails asking to have an event added or just an email to say 'thanks for adding it'.

Anyone can add their own events - there are a few cachers that do this on a regular basis (and often beat me to it!) which I am grateful to and allows them to add a bit more detail if they want to.

If there is a particular cacher that doesn't want their events added to the calendar, let me know ..... and I will try to remember not to add yours. But no promises ... as just get into a routine and don't always read who the cache setter is especially when it has been overtyped by a different name (although, I do love the different names Goldpot comes up with each month :) )

I'll ask my question again: :)

How many people actually look at the GAGB Events Calendar?

What is the point of it?

106.gif

Thanks

Mark

I asked the same question on facebook a while ago (as it is time consuming to do). People said they used it and found it useful, so I continued. Also I use it myself as easier to glance at to see what events are on at a particular day when I am travelling around the country with work. :)

I am the committee member that currently checks the listings/updates the calendar/posts the notes on the cache pages - and certainly haven't sent any emails (angry or otherwise!) to anyone that has deleted the 'note' about the event.

Nothing personal, my reference was to an incident which occurred before you joined the committee. IIRC a note had been posted on my event, the standard cut'n paste note such as "This event has been added to the GAGB Calender". After I deleted the note a second one was swiftly posted along the lines of "This event has been REMOVED from the GAGB Calender" along with the follow-up email.

All water under the bridge now but I still view these comments as spam - you are basically a third party posting unsolicited links. Furthermore looking at how little use the GAGB forums has had recently I think it's fair to say that those notes do more to promote the GAGB then the actual events. Nothing wrong with promoting the GAGB, I just like people to be honest with their intentions.

Obviously not water under the bridge as you obviously still have a problem with the GAGB and particularly their event calendar as was the case a couple of years ago as can be seen here. Are you surprised that your event was removed, you obviously did not want it listed there anyway. Dammed if they do, dammed if they don't.