how do I make a pocket query that excludes this type of cache?

rubinscube

I made a pocket query for traditional caches small,medium,and large only; but I am getting some caches that are not physical, but gps coordinates to other gps coordinates, etc....

I will wish to play this type of cache game later because it is cool, but not right now.

thank you in advance for any ideas.

Probably the easiest thing to do is to check only the box for 'Traditional Caches' in the Selected Types category. Leave all the others in that category open.

In the next category (Selected Containers) you could also check micro; small; medium and large, leaving Other; Unknown; and Virtual unchecked.

EDIT: Sorry, my desktop died and I am relegated to using a laptop. My fat fingers don't do well with it. :ph34r:

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

I made a pocket query for traditional caches small,medium,and large only; but I am getting some caches that are not physical, but gps coordinates to other gps coordinates, etc....

Probably what happened is you missed clicking on "Selected Types:". At the top of the section where you select the cache types, just below the "Show me X caches of" line, there are 2 radio buttons. One is marked "Any Type", and the other is "Selected Types:". Even if you choose specific types, it won't automatically select the "Selected Types:" radio button. This means that even though you've chosen specific cache types, it will still give you results of any type. It's a really annoying thing with that form that has tripped up many others before you.

Edit: Also, keep in mind that there are other sections that work the same way, like the Container, Country/State/Province, and Placed During sections. Since you mentioned specific container sizes, you'll probably need to make the respective selection in that section as well.

Edited by The A-Team

thank you for the direction, I am glad I am not the first :blink:

Probably what happened is you missed clicking on "Selected Types:". At the top of the section where you select the cache types, just below the "Show me X caches of" line, there are 2 radio buttons. One is marked "Any Type", and the other is "Selected Types:". Even if you choose specific types, it won't automatically select the "Selected Types:" radio button. This means that even though you've chosen specific cache types, it will still give you results of any type. It's a really annoying thing with that form that has tripped up many others before you.

Edit: Also, keep in mind that there are other sections that work the same way, like the Container, Country/State/Province, and Placed During sections. Since you mentioned specific container sizes, you'll probably need to make the respective selection in that section as well.