Watch a group of Caches collectively?

indigo1975

Unless I have got this all wrong, and doing something incorrectly, using the new Geocache App on my Samsung Galaxy S2, I will only see Caches I have saved on the watchlist via the live map. If this is correct, 1 it is a major pain in the bum, and 2 how can I select multiple caches to save to the watchlist in one go.

Yes the official geocaching app has live maps. Thank God I'm not the only one who had one heck of a time finding them.

To find the maps,

Hit "find nearby caches"

Then hit your "menu" button (I'm on an Android)

Hit "view on map"

Then you will see a small group of caches right around your area.

You have to hit "menu" again to get more options. The menu button will come up with options like, "more results" Or "search here" if you move the map and want to search somewhere else.

You can also go into "map mode" from there. This will give you satellite maps.

The app has a lot more functionality than I or many others have given it credit for. It's just so hard to find that functionality.

Yes the official geocaching app has live maps.

Actually, it doesn't. The "live maps" people are referring to are the c:geo maps, which constantly and automatically update showing the caches around your location (until that functionality was nixed by GS). With the official app, and I think all of the other caching apps, you have to manually search.

@indigo1975: If you're using c:geo, you're either going to have to ask for help over in their support area, or use one of the officially-endorsed geocaching apps.