PQ for Oldest

kwcahart

I want to run a PQ to find the 100 or so oldest caches in the US. But when I go to click on "Country" our very own country is not included in the list. What gives?? Why not, or did I miss something? Most of the other countries of the world are in the list, but the USA is not. ???????

I want to run a PQ to find the 100 or so oldest caches in the US. But when I go to click on "Country" our very own country is not included in the list. What gives?? Why not, or did I miss something? Most of the other countries of the world are in the list, but the USA is not. ???????

It has been that way for years. I don't anticipate any change soon. Poke around a bit, there are bookmarks available.

You can also highlight each state individually when building a PQ. I did that to keep track of caches in the USA with the most favorite points.

You learn something every day.

I had fun last night creating silly PQs encompassing countries such as the Falklands, Iceland, att the 'stans, etc.

You can also highlight each state individually when building a PQ. I did that to keep track of caches in the USA with the most favorite points.

I had fun last night creating silly PQs encompassing countries such as the Falklands, Iceland, att the 'stans, etc.

I knew about being able to select multiple states. There are several other countries (Canada, Austrailia, etc.) where you have to select multiple states/provinces to cover the entire country. What I didn't know was that you could fill out the PQ form, and the post it as a URL so that others could open it up and save it in their own list of pocket queries. It seems that could be a good way for someone that is getting unexpected results from a PQ to post exactly what criteria they used.

That did lead me to wonder what someone else would see if I posted a PQ URL and specified "My Home Location" for the orign. If someone else opens up the query will it use *my* home location or whoever has opened and saved it. For example, here is URL for the 30 closest webcams to my home location:

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.aspx?guid=c3d7ae33-4732-42bc-85e6-ec92e0c6582a

Could someone try it see what the results are?

I knew about being able to select multiple states. There are several other countries (Canada, Austrailia, etc.) where you have to select multiple states/provinces to cover the entire country. What I didn't know was that you could fill out the PQ form, and the post it as a URL so that others could open it up and save it in their own list of pocket queries. It seems that could be a good way for someone that is getting unexpected results from a PQ to post exactly what criteria they used.

That did lead me to wonder what someone else would see if I posted a PQ URL and specified "My Home Location" for the orign. If someone else opens up the query will it use *my* home location or whoever has opened and saved it. For example, here is URL for the 30 closest webcams to my home location:

http://www.geocachin...e6-ec92e0c6582a

I clicked on your link, created the pocket query, then previewed it. It appears to be centered, more or less, on MY home location in central Ohio.

--Larry

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.aspx?guid=c3d7ae33-4732-42bc-85e6-ec92e0c6582a

I don't appreciate you using MY home location for your experiment.