Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
thewingfamily

Ideas for a Multi/Puzzle Cache

I am working on getting permission on a set of geocaches along a nature trail. The trail is about 2 miles long and currently has no geocaches in the area. I am trying to make a proposal that has all of the information (including cache locations, puzzles, etc.) But, I need help with making this into a multi/puzzle. I am hoping to place between 8-10 caches along the route. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Can you be a little more specific on what help you need?

Sure. I want to do a series of caches that have puzzles in each of them, each giving the coordinates to the next. With the final one only being able to be found based off of info that is placed in each of the seperate caches. I was looking for ideas for each of the caches and how they it could be done.

I know that these types of caches don't get a lot of attention, but I want something that is a bit of a challenge for those that are looking for that type of cache. There aren't too many in my area that are like that.

Sure. I want to do a series of caches that have puzzles in each of them, each giving the coordinates to the next. With the final one only being able to be found based off of info that is placed in each of the seperate caches. I was looking for ideas for each of the caches and how they it could be done.

I know that these types of caches don't get a lot of attention, but I want something that is a bit of a challenge for those that are looking for that type of cache. There aren't too many in my area that are like that.

But there are an unlimited number of puzzle ideas out there! Just a suggestion: browse puzzle caches, solve puzzle caches, and see if anything looks like something you'd like to put out.

Something to think about: what some do around here is place several individual puzzle caches, and IN each of those caches is a code. Solve all the puzzle caches in the series, and together they give you the coords to the FINAL cache (what some call a BONUS). Check out caches by local geocacher Jamguys to get an idea of that. His series are almost always set out like this, and they are very popular.

But there are an unlimited number of puzzle ideas out there! Just a suggestion: browse puzzle caches, solve puzzle caches, and see if anything looks like something you'd like to put out.

Something to think about: what some do around here is place several individual puzzle caches, and IN each of those caches is a code. Solve all the puzzle caches in the series, and together they give you the coords to the FINAL cache (what some call a BONUS). Check out caches by local geocacher Jamguys to get an idea of that. His series are almost always set out like this, and they are very popular.

Thanks so much! I wish I lived closer, Jamguys caches sound like that are a lot of fun and a great challenge. The trail is part of a college campus, so I am trying to go for something that is mentally challenging, but the terrain isn't going to be the challenging part. I am heading out tomorrow to scope out sites for the caches and to get coordinates so that I can start to work on the puzzles.

I really like the idea of having each of the caches seperate and having part of the puzzle for the final in each of the caches.

Thanks for the ideas.

One of my very favorite multi caches was a 7-parter at a local nature park. Each stage gave you the coordinates to the next stage. It was very well done, but eventually a stage or two went missing, and when that does the series can't be completed.

That is what I was thinking about doing, I understand the concern about them going missing. That is one of the reasons why I was thinking about trying to do it a different way. I live close to the area, so I should be able to keep a pretty good eye on it.

first, i would suggest that each cache be logable as sometimes it can be very involved. look up the users itooth and squarehead look at their puzzle caches. they are very good. part of the solution goes in each cache. the last one being the final of bonus. some you must solve a puzzle to the cache and then each cache has a part of a puzzle for the final. puzzles can be very simple or very complex. when you find itooth's look at some of the other puzzles in the area. there are some very good and challenging caches in this area. also look at some of the puzzles in your area.

have a ball puzzling.

dave

first, i would suggest that each cache be logable as sometimes it can be very involved. look up the users itooth and squarehead look at their puzzle caches. they are very good. part of the solution goes in each cache. the last one being the final of bonus. some you must solve a puzzle to the cache and then each cache has a part of a puzzle for the final. puzzles can be very simple or very complex. when you find itooth's look at some of the other puzzles in the area. there are some very good and challenging caches in this area. also look at some of the puzzles in your area.

have a ball puzzling.

dave

I really like itooth's "Don't Know Much" series, since this series would be near a school! Thanks so much for the ideas!