Upgrade to Magellan when buy Premium Membership?

Archiefam

Hey All...

Hoping you can help me out. We had basic membership the last few months... and I downloaded many many geocaches in my area. Now I have gotten them premium membership. To have all of those geocaches display the descriptions and hints do I need to re-download them in to my Magellan? Or is there a way to snyc my computer account with my device and not go through them individually!?

Along the same lines.... when I clicked that we found a cache on my device it didnt show up on my computer account when I connected the device to my computer!?

What am I missing??????

THANK YOU for any help!

Tara

Hey All...

Hoping you can help me out. We had basic membership the last few months... and I downloaded many many geocaches in my area. Now I have gotten them premium membership. To have all of those geocaches display the descriptions and hints do I need to re-download them in to my Magellan? Or is there a way to snyc my computer account with my device and not go through them individually!?

Along the same lines.... when I clicked that we found a cache on my device it didnt show up on my computer account when I connected the device to my computer!?

What am I missing??????

THANK YOU for any help!

Tara

Having the information on the Magellan will depend on which model you have. I don't know anything about Magellan, so I don't know which ones will display the information, sorry.

As far as the finds showing up on the website when you connect the device to the computer, as far as I know there isn't a functionality that allows you to do that. You still have to log the caches seperately. If I'm wrong, I'm sure somebody will pipe up and letcha know. Welcome to the addiction :D

I have been using GSAK to be able to drop GCs to my Garmin and I'm sure there's support for a Magellan as well. Create some PQs (Pocket Queries) and bring them down into GSAK then send to GPSr. Works great and the price is right. Free if you don't mind waiting or $30 for no wait. I went the paid route as I liked the software so much and want to see it continued to be developed.

Hey All...

What am I missing??????

THANK YOU for any help!

Tara

You don't say what Magellan..... but---

A BIG Premium Member perk is Pocket Queries. Download 1,000 caches at a time, up to 5 times/day. Try this tutorial: http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm

To upload your finds as field notes: http://www.geocaching.com/my/uploadfieldnotes.aspx