Speed of Geocaching.com

Bush_Doc

Hello. I live in Ontario Canada and have noticed lately that the GC.com had recently slowed to a snails crawl recently, particulary mid-day.

I understand the popularity of the site and the hobby, but having to wait several minutes to load a single map or

even one cache is extremely discouraging to the point of "I don't want to waste my time anymore" and giving up on geocaching altogether.

I'm sure you have heard this complaint before, but I'm also sure I am not the only one contemplating giving up because they

simply can't access information on the website.

We're in Central Ontario, too, and haven't had a problem. Maybe on Sunday afternoons the site's a bit slow, but I certainly don't have any problem with the site's speed normally.

If it was such a huge problem, I think more people would be complaining, and I haven't seen that happening.

edit: I just tried it now, and things loaded quick as lightning. "List newest in Ontario", click on page 3 where the actual cache listings start, click on a cache, boom, it opens, click on the map, boom, it's open.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol