Premium membership and iphone

I am going premium very soon. I have read about the added features of the premium membership but had a question about the app for the iphone with a premium membership.

As a premium member, will the caches that are for the premium members only, show up when I do a "search for nearby caches" in the field?

Thanks and I am really looking forward to the upgrade with all the other features it provides.

As a premium member, will the caches that are for the premium members only, show up when I do a "search for nearby caches" in the field?

Yes they will. Some others who have upgraded to premium have had problems getting the app to recognize their new premium status, but either a log-out-and-log-in or reinstalling the app usually fixes it.

Sorry,

that's wrong!

I have a Iphone4 und die GC app since a few years. (Version 4.6) I got the premium membership a week ago. And a log in / log out and restart of the app didn't work. No premium features!

I hat to delete the App und reinstall it from the appstore. Not easy, but it works!

@ Groundspeak: Please fix this bug!

Greetings from Germany

Zivi im Dienst

I agree, this is a bug that should be fixed. I use my iPhone 4S with the latest GC app when I place my own geocaches, and I need to go out now to relocate my newest hide since another premium geocache didn't show up in the app, and it was too close to mine. This is a geocache I had found earlier too, but it didn't show up until i logged in again with the switch user button.

(I hadn't logged in since before I bought premium.)

Edited by magiker

I was having the same issue of premium caches not appearing on my iphone search list. I've got an iphone 4. I logged out and back in, but that didn't do anything. I deleted the app and reinstalled it, but that didn't change anything either. But once I shut down my phone and rebooted it, that fixed the problem. I never knew I had so many cool features on the app! :)

I am having the same issues as above with my iphone 4s. I've logged out and back in, restarted the phone and made sure all settings allow to show all.. I'm considering deleting the app & reinstalling it - but pardon my ignorance - are you charged again for the app to install it?

I gave the uninstall/reinstall of the app a try and it worked! (and no i wasn't charged again). Thanks for the advice - that was so frustrating!

Edited by ShanRock

I am having the same issues as above with my iphone 4s. I've logged out and back in, restarted the phone and made sure all settings allow to show all.. I'm considering deleting the app & reinstalling it - but pardon my ignorance - are you charged again for the app to install it?

I gave the uninstall/reinstall of the app a try and it worked! (and no i wasn't charged again). Thanks for the advice - that was so frustrating!

No, you are not charged again. We had the app for our Ipad, and then we bought and Iphone, and installed the app for free, since we had already purchased it.

In the Apple App Store, you have "Purchased Apps", you can redownload any of them for no charge. Technology has gotten cool!

Edited by SPat ABQ

For what it's worth I had no problems with the iPhone app recognizing my premium membership. I had let it lapse and just recently went premium again, and it worked fine again. Premium caches show up and I have access to pocket queries.

One thing, though. Is it possible use something other than Google for satellite maps? Because it won't let me save the Google satellite maps for offline use, yet there doesn't seem to be a non-Google option for those.

I have had my premium membership since November of 2010. I bought the iPhone app about a year ago. I have been using the app, along with my gps, for the past year or so. Today, out of the blue, my app shows I am a "basic member" and none of the premium caches are showing up. I contacted Apple, they suggested I delete and re-install the app. I did that, nothing changed. I did a reboot on my phone, nothing changed. I signed out and signed back in, nothing changed. My membership is paid up. I am premium online, but not with my app. I am confused. Don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Edited by Ranger Pepper