Geocaching Trail Hat

AWESOME!

And something that should be worn with pride!

The brim's a bit narrow for Arizona, though...could you make it about 3x wider? B)

Yep, the brim can be made wider. Just keep adding rows until you are happy with it.

Very nice hat, but who would wear it on the trail? My trail hats end up wet, muddy, salt and very used looking. This looks like a hat to wear to an event.

The yarn I use is 100% cotton and completely washable. But, I understand your point. I think the color makes this one look like a special occasion hat.

Thanks all! My wife taught me to crochet last November and I have been "hooked" ever since! And, I too have a big head with lots of hair, so I can adapt it by adding rows where needed. :laughing:

We were wondering which part of the team made the hat. Great job the hat it's very nice. I'll take one in cammo colors. :D

I'm making one for myself now in camo green - I bought the Attack Camo patch that I'll put on when it is finished. Should have photos of that one in a day or so.

I made one of these as a give-away at one of our local events in a different color and got a custom order from one of the attendees. You will definitely be able to see her out on the trails!

IMG_3022.jpg

Yep they will be spotted right away. It looks like you did a great job on it and the workmanship looks great. For me it doesn't matter what color it is I wouldn't be caught dead caching, or wearing one anywhere.