Bug Accessing cache page

Chris n Maria

Hi Folks,

When I try to go to This cache page I get the following error:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateGet(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack) +96

Geocaching.Functions.chkMail(String fString, String fTestTag, Int32 fType) +424

Geocaching.Functions.FormatStr(String fString) +52

Geocaching.Functions.chkString(String pString, String fField_Type, Boolean IsHTML) +328

Geocaching.UI.cache_details.BuildCachePage() +4767

Geocaching.UI.cache_details.Page_UserNotLoggedIn(Object sender, EventArgs e) +59

Geocaching.UI.WebformBase.IsLoggedIn() +1074

Geocaching.UI.cache_details.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +24

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +725

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thge cache was Ok this mornig but may have been archived since.

Just thought you should know.

Chris

If only life had an undo button....

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

It's happening to every cache page, no matter where it was accessed from: I tried some from the map, the my cache page, and the main page. My guess is that they're busy working on the site right now.

...Not all who wander are lost... unless the batteries in their GPS die, their maps get ruined by rainwater when their pack leaks, and they find themselves in a laurel thicket. Then, they are probably lost.

-DavidMac; (formerly Someonenameddave)

Everyone is logging their caches all at once. As a result the actual web server is taking on too many users. It cleared up within the hour.

New machine is on order. Next weekend it should be fine.

Jeremy

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

New machine is on order. Next weekend it should be fine.

Jeremy

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Would you be willing to let us know what the specs of the new machine are? I'm a sysadmin and I'm curious about what kind of systems other companies are using.

"The best way to accelerate a Macintosh is at 9.8m/sec/sec."

-Marcus Dolengo