brand new geocacher

absltvoka

Hello to anyone can help!

I feel silly but because I am new to this I have no idea what to do. I found the first of three stages to a cache and of course it was coordinates to the second stage. I tried to type the coordinates into the app (c:geo) but it wont work. Can someone show me the error of my ways, please?

-Mike (aka "Absltvoka")

I feel the reoccurring charges for the phone app are unreasonable. I could justify a lifetime premium membership for $30 but not $30/year for basic accsess. thats not acceptable. (and $10 for 3 months? Thats just silly!)

The premium membership and the app are two totally separate things. The app costs $10, period. A one time cost. If all you want to use is the official app, it will cost you a grand total of $10.

I feel the reoccurring charges for the phone app are unreasonable. I could justify a lifetime premium membership for $30 but not $30/year for basic accsess. thats not acceptable. (and $10 for 3 months? Thats just silly!)

The premium membership and the app are two totally separate things. The app costs $10, period. A one time cost. If all you want to use is the official app, it will cost you a grand total of $10.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I should have looked through the site more carefully. I did look into the $10 app for android and the reviews are not the best so I'm going to consider weather or not to purchase. thanks again!

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I should have looked through the site more carefully. I did look into the $10 app for android and the reviews are not the best so I'm going to consider weather or not to purchase. thanks again!

I have an Android phone and I use the highly recomended 'NEONGEO' app which costs £2.49 and works a treat. All the reviews are great and the app maker does regular updates and listens to peoples requests for specific ad ons etc. You cant go wrong with this app, it also supports the API Live Maps too so no plotting required etc :)

Try NeonGeo - its very much like c:geo, but its 'legal'. Theres a 30day trial to make sure you like it.

A very useful note - it downloads map tiles to your phone, so when you're out in the back of beyond and don't have an internet connection, if you visited that section of the map beforehand you'll still have your maps. Make sure you zoom in as much as you want to see when you're in Offline mode.

I would also recommend NeonGeo took me a while to get the hang of entering co-ords into that too though, but to answer the original question

Oh just went to check how to do it and realised they have changed the display on the latest update, not used it for a while - now at the bottom of the page there are tabs the first is waypoint, click, hit add waypoint, hit latitude/longitude box, edit the co-ords in the new box, hit done, rename if you want under reference point then - remember to scroll down and hit save. For some daft reason that button has never shown up on the screen without scrolling.

I would also recommend NeonGeo took me a while to get the hang of entering co-ords into that too though, but to answer the original question

Oh just went to check how to do it and realised they have changed the display on the latest update, not used it for a while - now at the bottom of the page there are tabs the first is waypoint, click, hit add waypoint, hit latitude/longitude box, edit the co-ords in the new box, hit done, rename if you want under reference point then - remember to scroll down and hit save. For some daft reason that button has never shown up on the screen without scrolling.

thanks for the help. happy caching!