New Search Engine

Duc996

I believe we'll be releasing the custom .LOC downloads first, just to make them available early. We're working on the eBook format but it's pretty tricky getting it to work efficiently. I'm returning from my sister's graduation on Monday and will try to get it finished ASAP.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

I noticed that windowsupdate.com offers:

quote:

Microsoft .NET Framework

21312 KB/ Download Time: 58 min

The .NET Framework is a new feature of Windows. Applications built using the .NET Framework are more reliable and secure. You need to install the .NET Framework only if you have software that requires it.

Is this something that would be prudent to download for the future search enhancements?

Let's see 21000KB divided by 1024 is about 20-and-a-half megs.... Which translates to about a 75 minute download on my dial-up...

Mostly I hate to clutter my system with stuff that's not needed.

Is this an inevitable update for geocachers?

quote:
Originally posted by Eric O'Connor:

Is this something that would be prudent to download for the future search enhancements?

-SNIP-

Is this an inevitable update for geocachers?

The .NET Framework is the Microsoft equivalent to Sun’s Java Virtual Machine (or Java Runtime Environment) and is only required when running .NET applications locally on your computer. None of the .NET work we’re doing on the back end of the web site will require you to install this.