Finds On Map Pages??

rusty_da_dog

Ok, I have been on vacation for the past week and away from my trusty pc. Can ANYONE tell me the status of the map pages showing FINDS??

I know it was said in some thread that this was going to be a members only feature when the site is 100% up and running, which is fine by me, I am just getting tired of waiting for it.

RW Da Man!!!

CHS#1

quote:
Originally posted by dja416:

icon_frown.gifI'm getting tired of waiting for it too. I very important to me to see visually which ones I have found in the area. I hope it is not much longer?

Yeah I guess I am making too big deal out of the finds showing up on the map pages, but crap that was one of my favorite features on the whole site, and now its been screwed up for HOW long......and no one can give me a straight answer as to when its going to be fixed.

RW Da Man!!!

CHS#1

quote:
Originally posted by dja416:

icon_frown.gifI'm getting tired of waiting for it too. I very important to me to see visually which ones I have found in the area. I hope it is not much longer?

If its that important, just do it locally. This subject has come up dozens of times already, and dozens of times it's explained how. Since you are a premium member, its fairly easy to order up a pocket query of found caches, or of all caches in an area not found. Just did it this am to plan the days caching. As an added bonus, the mapping software on your PC runs faster, is more deatailed, and may include nifty features such as routing. Look for a cluster of caches, select the ones you want, and your printer spits out maps and turn by turn directions from one cache to the next. All in about the same time it takes for the web maps to zoom in a few levels. Wny use the web maps?

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Not to jump on the complaint bandwagon...but I read in these forums that the map feature with caches found and not found was going to be a member-only feature. So I joined gc.com, paid my $, and am (im)patiently waiting for the feature to arrive. I hope it's #1 on the priority list.

I miss this feature, but for now I've gotten quite used to using PQ to export a GPX file to GPX Spinner and/or ExpertGPS and it works quite well.

It's not handy if I want to check out an area that I don't have a PQ set up for, though.

It would be neat if there were some "canned" PQ's available to all members that were set up as one zip file with all caches for each state that could be downloaded at will and generated once per day.

http://www.tampabaygeocaching.com