Keep Power Trails from showing on PQ

SaltyCacheNutZ

Hi, I know how to keep caches from loading on my PQ by placing them on my "Ignore List", one by one, but is there a way to Ignore a whole group (a powertrail) easily?

I can do a search with the appropriate name, and All the caches on a trail show up; I can then click the box to "select all" and am given the choice to download all to GPS... so wouldn't it be great if there was also the option there to add these all to any bookmark list of choice?!

Please let me know if there Is a way on Groundspeak and I just haven't learned it? and if it doesn't exist, Groundspeak- Please add the option! :)

There is no way within the Geocaching.com website to "mass ignore" a group of caches.

Are you using the date-range technique for setting up your pocket queries so they don't overlap? Assuming that you are, try excluding the date on which the power trail was hidden. For example, if all the caches on a power trail were placed on June 8th, have one query with an ending placed date of June 7th, and the next query with a starting placed date of June 9th.

Any caches in your area of interest that were hidden ON June 8th, but weren't part of the power trail, can be downloaded manually.

If we could add caches to lists with a CSV file or some other not-one-at-a-time way then it would be easier to leverage the ignore feature.

There was talk of a part-of-a-series attribute being added, no? Then some discussion of how a power trail is always a series but a series might not always be a power trail, necessitating a separate power trail attribute?

You could also put the pocket query into GSAK and try to use that to filter out the power trail and export a GPX file without it.

There are also GSAK macros that will bulk-add caches to a bookmark list, including the ignore list. You would download them all into GSAK, filter for the ones you want to add to the list, then run the macro to add them.

There is no way within the Geocaching.com website to "mass ignore" a group of caches.

Are you using the date-range technique for setting up your pocket queries so they don't overlap? Assuming that you are, try excluding the date on which the power trail was hidden. For example, if all the caches on a power trail were placed on June 8th, have one query with an ending placed date of June 7th, and the next query with a starting placed date of June 9th.

Any caches in your area of interest that were hidden ON June 8th, but weren't part of the power trail, can be downloaded manually.

That sounds like a great idea - Thanks! :)

There are also GSAK macros that will bulk-add caches to a bookmark list, including the ignore list. You would download them all into GSAK, filter for the ones you want to add to the list, then run the macro to add them.

Another good option... :)

Find all of the power trail, then they'll stop showing up. :P

:lol::rolleyes: haha

I wouldn't mind if it were only a dozen, but over 50 is annoying! especially when poorly maintained and no "wow" factor or anything remotely interesting from the destinations ;)

Thanks to all for the replies/suggestions

The GSAK API interface will do this. No need for macros as such

Mark

The GSAK API interface will do this. No need for macros as such

Whoops, you're right. I was thinking back to another topic a few months ago when someone wanted to copy a bookmark list. That required a macro to read the source list, then used the API to add to the destination list.