Wherigo cache too close to where I want to put a cache.

kone

I have a problem that I created a cache in an area near my home that does not appear to have any caches nearby but it got rejected because some Wherigo cache has it's final cache location nearby. I don't have the hardware required to do a Wherigo cache so how can I find the final position of the cache to see where I can move my cache so it doesn't conflict?

The Wherigo cache starting point is quite some distance from my cache and I think it's kind of unfair that such caches can affect areas not even near it with no way of knowing.

(in the meantime, the cache went on opencaching.com)

I have a problem that I created a cache in an area near my home that does not appear to have any caches nearby but it got rejected because some Wherigo cache has it's final cache location nearby. I don't have the hardware required to do a Wherigo cache so how can I find the final position of the cache to see where I can move my cache so it doesn't conflict?

The Wherigo cache starting point is quite some distance from my cache and I think it's kind of unfair that such caches can affect areas not even near it with no way of knowing.

(in the meantime, the cache went on opencaching.com)

A delicate question that will require some diplomacy to be resolved.

Contact the owner of the Wherigo, describe the situation, and ask them for some help. Naturally they won't want to reveal the final location of their cache, and you won't want to reveal the location of your cache until it gets published.

There is a chance you might get some general assistance from the reviewer (like 'move it east'), but they won't want to be accused of helping you 'battleship' the location of the Wherigo cache.

I have a problem that I created a cache in an area near my home that does not appear to have any caches nearby but it got rejected because some Wherigo cache has it's final cache location nearby...

It will be the same problem with the final cache for Unknown/Puzzle caches and Multicaches.

All cachers have the problem, basic members also have to contend with Premium Member caches that they can't see the location details of!

You will need to find them, or ask the reviewer and/or the cache owner for some help.

i always love to solve a puzzle but my qestion was why do there have to be 12 rather than two

12 what? I don't understand what you're referring to.

Cache types?

Even with only 2 cache types (presumably Traditional and Puzzle), you'd still have the hidden stages and finals of the puzzles that would create proximity issues. The only way to make it easy to see where you can place caches would be to force all parts of all caches to be visible on the map, which would effectively destroy puzzles entirely.

Since no one has posted it yet, I'll add the link to the Help Center article on Checking for Cache Saturation. The best way to be sure your spot is available is to email a reviewer. If you're planning a complex cache based on a set of coordinates, you should always check with the reviewer first to make sure you can use those coordinates before putting too much work into creating it.

I have a problem that I created a cache in an area near my home that does not appear to have any caches nearby but it got rejected because some Wherigo cache has it's final cache location nearby...

It will be the same problem with the final cache for Unknown/Puzzle caches and Multicaches.

It may be the same problem but the cause of the problem is different. Granted, some Unknown/Puzzle caches can be difficult to solve, but in the case of a Wherigo, the OP can't find it simply because they don't have the right kind of device to do so.

Or maybe they do...I haven't tried it but there is an Wherigo iPhone app and there is one for the Droid called WhereYouGo.

Another option would be to find a local cacher that has a GPS that can do Wherigo caches and join up for a bit of caching to find the Wherigo.

I'm going to guess and say one of the Wherigo's nearby is GC2KG16. It gives you a little reference to where the final may be that might help out. "If you have a partner with a second car, it could make part of your return hike shorter, if it is parked near Janet Court's Trail Head. However, the FINAL is also close to the Walter Bean Trail; so a more open sky alternate return trail possible, which may have other cache targets still active."

It looks like there's a few Wherigo's nearby. Read the description and logs and see if they give you and indication of the area you need to avoid.